Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[3DS] Kid Icarus Uprising
This is a very underated game imo, personally I would rank this game right with some of the best Nintendo games. For those of you who dont know what this game is, it is a mix of a hack and slash action game and a 3rd person shooter. It has a great soundtrack, very funny writing(with a ton of 4th wall breaks), and great combat. The controls do take time getting used to and I do know a good number of people dont like them, but I personally have no problems with them after I played the game for a bit. Also a fun fact, this game was made by the same guy who made Super Smash Bros!(which would explain why theres Dark Pit in smash 4 along with regular pit...)

This game has a multiplayer mode, so we can set up matches in this thread as well.
i played the game and i loved it, im so excited for the kid icarus map in Sm4sh and to see all the cool dialouge. This was one of the only games that i picked up knowing almost nothing about the character besides SSBB.
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
I love how they reinvented the 8 bit universe they had before and were able to successfully create personalites for all the characters in the game. Its only problem is probably what also makes it great: the dialogue. It often falls behind depending on your pace and fails to tell you key information at times. It can also be hard to keep up with during intense moments of action.
But hey, those are easily dealt with and the game is amazing! Sakurai sure knows how to make a game!

Review aside, what is everyone's favorite chapters? Mine would have to be 20 and 21. The music and feeling I get from playing them is incredible and they are probably my most played chapters. My least favorite chapters would have to be 10 and 23 for...some reasons. Also, chapter 1 since its just a short introduction chapter.
Kid Icarus Uprising was a game that was completely underated by 3ds users but caught my heart and inspired me to get a 3DS, when they showcased it at E3 I really hope they make another game like it, I loved the fast paced gameplay and various weapons with different attributes, ranges and stats (although Eyetrack Orbitars 10 stars is BS). The online was fun and had ran really smooth compared to other games on the system.

I loved all the stages tbh, although the repetitiveness of flying to ground did get boring at times
Also wondering, does anybody speedrun the game? I've been doing it for a while but I want to know if anyone else does :P
(Nov 15, 2014, 01:29 PM)Dnguardian Wrote: Also wondering, does anybody speedrun the game? I've been doing it for a while but I want to know if anyone else does :P

i dont speedrun the main game, but i used to speedrun the boss battle mode. i got a 9:56.23 on easy mode in game time, which i think is pretty good!
I just finished watching chuggaaconroy's LP of the game, and I fell in love with it from the beginning. The voice acting, the graphics, the music, the humor; its fantastic. Not enough praise, and I feel bad for not giving it a shot back when it came out in the US.

If I find a copy, I'd love it give it a try.
This definitely isn't my favorite game ever, but it's still really cool and worth playing. I absolutely love the voice acting and I've always like ancient mythology, which is one of the main reasons I bought it.
*Now wait just a second*
I said wait just a second!
*Tears off forum page while laughing*