Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

3DS + Pokemon Platinum troubles
So today my friend gave me her copy of Platinum since she doesn't use it. I put it in my 3ds only to discover at first that my ds wouldn't read the game. I cleaned the contacts, didn't help. I then turned off my ds, turned it back on, and the game was there.

When I launched the game, whenever I would click start on Giratina's screen, I'd get a communication error saying like "If you were in the union room, you'll be returned there, please press the A button. Whenever I did press the A button, I'd get a white screen and nothing would happen from there. Even trying to reset the save file would lead to this screen.

I looked it up, the only results I found were "it's a rom/pirated" and I know that's not the case. My friend was able to use the game perfectly fine, she has the same exact DS I do. I'm not sure if it's my DS or if it's my game...I don't have another DS to test it out on, so I really can't tell you.

I also took the game out and tried putting it back in, now it won't read it again. I turned it off, but this time it won't read it whatsoever.

I'm just bummed and looking for a fix, I've been looking forward to playing this all day.
this happens often with my old used copy of Heart Gold. use rubbbing alcohol to clean the contacts thoroughly, then make sure to blow off both the cartridge and the inside of the cartridge reader of the 3ds. If the game continues to not be read, repeat blowing out the 3ds cartridge reader until it works. that's all I can recommend. I hope this helps ^-^
(Apr 28, 2017, 02:28 PM)Gyousei Wrote: this happens often with my old used copy of Heart Gold. use rubbbing alcohol to clean the contacts thoroughly, then make sure to blow off both the cartridge and the inside of the cartridge reader of the 3ds. If the game continues to not be read, repeat blowing out the 3ds cartridge reader until it works. that's all I can recommend. I hope this helps ^-^

I got it to read again, but the only thing now is that communication error. I found another thread on the error that suggested to call Nintendo, which i might do since I know this is a completely legit copy of Platinum.
Update: I just called nintendo about the issue, they told me they couldn't do anything since the game was so old. lol.
(Apr 28, 2017, 02:50 PM)geetry Wrote: Update: I just called nintendo about the issue, they told me they couldn't do anything since the game was so old. lol.

I'm pretty sure nintendo only supports 3DS and beyond right now. Even the original Wii doesn't exist to them anymore. I could be wrong though.
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
Last night I just got the cash together to overpay for a copy of Platinum from a 5 star seller to guarentee I don't get a defective copy. I'm gonna have my friend send her copy back, the only solution I can think of is that it's really a fake. I paid a lot more than I should've, but the higher the price, the more legit the carterige. I also paid for it new instead of used so I don't get wear on the contacts.
Hello, I am back again because I don't know what to do lol.

I got the new game yesterday. Brand new packaging, right out of the platinum official box. Definitely new and unused. No way it can be a pirate, as I bought it from a super trusty seller with tons of 5 star reviews on Amazon (I read the reviews to make sure they weren't just the seller writing their own reviews, haha).

Game reads fine, game doesn't fit snugly like the other one did (sign that your copy is pirated), game worked absolutely fine. Since I started playing yesterday, I hadn't exited the game once. I've just been saving and then closing my DS. I was at the battle with Jupiter at the Eterna Team Galactic HQ, and I had saved before just in case I did lose. I ended up losing, so I soft reset. Upon entering the game again, I got the dreaded blue screen AGAIN!! And I absolutely know this CAN'T be pirated.

I'm including a picture of the error this time to see if anybody knows what to do.
3DS games work PERFECTLY on my DS, the only problem I'm having is with Platinum.
[Image: 88163d46e1.png]
i think mainly all ds games have a hard time working on a 3ds like 1 game i own its even older than platinum by about 8 yrs and it did not want to actually work