Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[3DS] zelda fans which game do you guys recommend for a starter?
(Dec 26, 2014, 02:46 PM)thewasher19 Wrote: Even though everyone is saying Ocarina of Time, I'm going to go on a different path and say Links Awakening. This is imo the best top-down zelda game and part of the reason why OoT was such a success was it offered something other than a top down game. However, if you're going to get used to a franchise, you need to play it's bread and butter, and their have been more top-down zelda games than 3d ones.

Link's Awakening is a good game, and it was my first Zelda game I actually played, but I wouldn't recommend it because it isn't the typical Zelda game. Similar, but I wouldn't say it's the best one to start with. I'd actually recommend Link Between Worlds. It's has the same feel as LttP, and I would definitely recommend playing it if you find you like Zelda, but is a little bit more modernized, a little more accommodating, especially if you're a younger person. Though, I do agree, I feel like your first Zelda should be a top-down Zelda.

Of course, Ocarina of Time is a good option too.
Currently on the 3DS I would go with Ocarina of Time. I am not sure if A Link to the Past is on the Eshop or not but if it is start with that. Then in 2015 Majora's Mask will be released for 3DS and that is right after Ocarina of Time.