Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

6 IV Breeding
I am just getting into breeding and got my skarmory up to 5 IVs but I can't get it up to 6 IVs. I was wondering if anyone had any tips onthe matter or if it is really just luck
If you have a 6IV ditto then you can get 6 IVs
Getting 6IVs on a pokemon is something that doesn't happen easily. Normally I just keep it 5IV if it's missing one that isn't really needed for the pokemon.

But if you use both an Everstone and Destiny Knot, you'll have a 1/55 chance of a 6 IV child (If you have good parents for the pokemon of course).
(Nov 27, 2014, 04:34 PM)mastermind71 Wrote: If you have a 6IV ditto then you can get 6 IVs

I don't even have one ditto. I heard that you can find them on the mirage islands, but I haven't seen any yet
Question. How can you tell if they are 5 iv or 6 iv
i have this problem all the time and to be honest it just rare but if you have a just physical or just special pokemon it doesnt matter that you have 6iv but if you want it you just have to be paitent Smile
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
(Nov 27, 2014, 04:37 PM)mastermind71 Wrote: Question. How can you tell if they are 5 iv or 6 iv

there is a guy in the pokemon center in the battle resort that shows ivs
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
(Nov 27, 2014, 04:37 PM)mastermind71 Wrote: Question. How can you tell if they are 5 iv or 6 iv

I talk to the ace trainer at the Battle Resort and he tells you
(Nov 27, 2014, 04:37 PM)Animekid7 Wrote: i have this problem all the time and to be honest it just rare but if you have a just physical or just special pokemon it doesnt matter that you have 6iv but if you want it you just have to be paitent Smile

Does it help if the parents have both the same bad IV? Or does that not do anything?
It's very rare that you actualy need a 6iv pokemon. If you have a physical attacker there is no need for a perfect SPA stat and the same goes for the opposite way if it's a special attacker.