Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

A RATHER TECHNICAL QUESTION
Hi forum,

I'm chaining ditto in SM right now, with the usual Munchlax Leppa berry for an infinite chain. But I would like to also control the nature of the incoming pokemons that are called by Ditto, I was thinking of using an Adamant Alakazam and skill swap its synchronize ability to the ditto.

Now with the ditto having synchronize ability, will it synchronize 50% of the time with all incoming pokemon. (I know the ditto itself only has 50% of being Adamant) but it's better than nothing. Any thoughts? Does this work or does the synchronizer has to be on the player team?
Hi Smile i found this in an sos chaining guide on gamefaqs. Seems to have a solution to your problem

3: Abilities and Effects
-Abilities such as Compoundeyes, Synchronize and Cute Charm also seem to work as usual on Reinforcements as they do on regular wild encounters.

-...However, the age old trick will not work on reinforcements. Traditionally you can use an exploit to have a fainted pokemon apply its Out Of Battle ability effect on wild encounters by putting it in first place, and then fight with a different pokemon in second place (the game checks and applies ability bonuses to encounters before checking your team). In Chaining, you can't do this because sending out your next available unfainted pokemon will shuffle it to the front and then apply bonuses to the reinforcements that follow.

-This simply means you'll have to use the Ability holder itself whilst chaining - if it's out in front then its ability will still apply as normal. The Abra family has access to Synchronize and Skill Swap as an egg move, a nifty trick that lets you pass along Synchronize to another pokemon that has a better nature and moves (i.e. pass Synchronize to wild pokemon, switch to a Smeargle, Smeargle uses Role Play to get Synchronize)

-Be careful when using Synchronize however, as wild pokemon cannot call for reinforcements if affected by status - if they have the ability to apply status to you, they might accidentally affect themselves. This is remedied by giving your Synchronizer a Burn and then letting it hold Leftovers, the two will cancel each other out.

Here's a link to thw full article https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/187276-p...n/74621752

Hope this helps!
Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!
Thanks Stephen for your answer, unfortunately I understand the synchronize effect when the synchronizer is on my team. What I'm trying to do is swap the synchronize ability permanently to the ditto (which by now has transformed into munchlax) so when it calls for allies, the allies will have 50% of being the nature of the ditto. Again I don't know if this works or not that's why I'm asking.
Haha I wasn't doubting your knowledge on synchronizing, I ment this part really

(Jun 24, 2017, 07:37 AM)stephenWITNESS Wrote: a nifty trick that lets you pass along Synchronize to another pokemon that has a better nature and moves (i.e. pass Synchronize to wild pokemon, switch to a Smeargle, Smeargle uses Role Play to get Synchronize)

It seems to indicate that the synchroniser needs to be on your side of the field otherwise they probably would've left it on the wild pokemon
Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!
(Jun 24, 2017, 08:03 AM)stephenWITNESS Wrote: Haha I wasn't doubting your knowledge on synchronizing, I ment this part really
(Jun 24, 2017, 07:37 AM)stephenWITNESS Wrote: a nifty trick that lets you pass along Synchronize to another pokemon that has a better nature and moves (i.e. pass Synchronize to wild pokemon, switch to a Smeargle, Smeargle uses Role Play to get Synchronize)

It seems to indicate that the synchroniser needs to be on your side of the field otherwise they probably would've left it on the wild pokemon

I apologize if that sounded rude Smile It does seem to imply the synchronizer has to be on our side of the field however I'm trying to find out if would work on the other side. Probably not hehe...

Thanks for the info!