Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ANIME] DragonBall GT
(Warning the following are my opinions you can tell what you feel about the subject below just please be polite. Smile )

Dragonball GT. Where to begin. To me Dragonball is one of my favorite anime series it really introduced me to anime in general. Dragonball had adventure, witty dialogue, and really grand character. Dragonball Z was also really great from all of the action to getting driver`s licences (the best use of filler ever), and the expanding universe. How does Dragonball GT compare or, what greatness surrounds GT? One word, disappointment. In every way I praised DB, and DBZ GT has nothing good about it.

First off Goku shouldn't have been the main protagonist but to the men in business suits if Goku wasn't the protagonist then people would like it. False what they should have done is let Pen, Trunks, and Goten become the new Z warriors as Goku and Vageta were getting to old. Trunks could have been the prideful, awesome guy trying to fill in his father shoes and had a rivalry between Goten. I won`t go over Goten`s imaginary role cause it`s obvious but Pen could be the underdog, she could become stronger than any of those two combined ( which they would do occasionally) and protected the galaxy. (Imaginary plot)

The next problem is that the plot is super flawed. Goku turns to a little kid and has to get "special dragonballs" and save the earth. The only problem with that is that Goku is a kid again!( and the goofy aliens) The whole problem with that is that they try to hard to bring both audiences of Db ( adventue and mystery) and DBZ (ACTION) into GT (crap that serves as a plot device kappa ).

In all goodness if you saw GT talk about it below if you didn`t then you can see it ( you may like it?) or play it safe. Just remember to try something new. Smile
Dragon Ball Z was great..GT was not. That is all that needs to be said. But there is a reason that GT was not as great...Akira Toriyama did not create/write this version. It did not stick to the manga and he did not have any input into it. Toei Entertainment created GT as an original story, even Toriyama said that the series was a 'side story'.
Was Akira like the co-writer though?
I can see where you guys are coming from with GT. However, when I watched it two years ago on Nicktoons... I thought it was okay. At best.

I wasn't savvy on Dragonball when growing up, and I've seen a few episodes of Z here and there during the early 2000s. But when I watched GT, I thought it had a decent plot going, even if it was far fetched. But doesnt DBZ always seem that way to begin with? :P Although, GT may have been a little too wacky for my taste.

I did however enjoy seeing Bulla all grown up, but I wish she could have had a larger role like her mom when she was a teen. Seeing Android 18 was cool, too, since she's my all time favorite character of DBZ.

But in the end, the show was bringing in a lot of convoluted nonsense. The dub edit, HFIL... was ridiculous. xD But at least there was a happy ending in the end?

I know that DBZ Kai is also getting re broadcast on Toonami right now and I've heard good things. I will say that DBZ is by far the more superior of the show. Easier to understand in Kai as well.

It would be nice though if we did get a "brand new" series in the DBZ universe. Its been way too long since the end of Z and GT.
As a huge fan of Dragonball/Dragonball Z, and even the movies today, I was rather let down with GT in comparison, although I did watch it all and enjoy it, there were just so many changes to it by Cannon, that I disliked. They made Vegeta/Goku go from being rather good friends, to being back to their sour old ways, and then made most of the other fighters pretty much irrelevant other than in the movies, they occasionally had a bigger part, but Gohan went from being arguably the strongest after the boost he was given by King Kai, to being a joke in a costume imo. I still think Dragonball Z > Dragonball > GT.

Not sure if you've also seen the news of the new movie with Frieza being reborn and there were rumours of him having Super Saiyan powers. I'm not sure what I really think of it to be honest, as I found Battle of the Gods to be a bit crap too. Hopefully the movie will be better than it sounds, but I'm kinda worried about the direction its headed in.