Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Anyone Remember gToons?
[Image: fMWgl.jpg]
Back in 2002-2006, Cartoon Network introduced a sort of TCG to their website called gToons. This was a quick, fun game that really hasn't been properly emulated since it was shut down along with the rest of Cartoon Orbit.

Well, recently I was thinking of reviving at least a part of this with a new coat of paint. Basically, the idea is to recreate the gToons game but use anime instead of Cartoon Network shows. (Of course, I'm open to other ideas instead of anime but that's kind of my dream for this project. So it'll be hard to convince me otherwise. ;P)
I'm in very early stages of development at the moment and it's entirely possible that nothing comes of this, but if I'm going to do this... then I want to do it right. From the start. So I'm reaching out everywhere to find people who played gToons back in the day and get their input.

If you could answer any of the following questions, it'd help a great deal:
  • What is it that you enjoyed the most about gToons?
  • What sort of things would you like to see added/changed/removed?
  • Any ideas on new ways to obtain gToons since I can't exactly run commercials or add codes to products? (I have some ideas myself, but I want the biggest pool of ideas possible.)
  • Would you like to help with alpha/beta testing when it comes to that point?
  • Would you be interested in me expanding out to add in cToons as well?
  • Anything else you can think of that you want to tell me?
I'm the lead developer for the site! (Formerly My Cupcake Money)
[ My Stream | My Pokeradar Thing ]
Let me know if anything comes up~
I don't remember very much of it, but I do remember playing a pinball-like game on it and spending a ton of time after school on the site. I think my username on it was EddyKongBear81 or something.

It's an interesting idea and I'd probably mess around with it, especially if it's an anime version.