Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Anyone else hate the sliders on the New 3DS?
I decided to upgrade to the New 3DS XL after my friend got one and overall, I love it a lot more than my 1st edition 3DS that I had previously. The old 3DS felt like a toy rather than a handheld gaming console, but the New 3DS XL solved that problem for me. It's bigger and fits better in my hands and feels much beefier than its older counterpart. I like most of the new features on it too including the Stable 3D, the C-Stick (although I wish more applications would make use of it) and the NFC platform. However...there is one thing I can't stand: THE SLIDERS.

Both the Volume and 3D sliders, while brilliantly placed (Can't tell you how many times my palm accidentally cranked up the volume on my old 3DS), are a PAIN to use. It's like they decide when they want to move. Sometimes, they slide fine with a firm grip (so it doesn't slide all over the place the old 3DS Vol. slider did) but other times i have to FIGHT with the sliders to go up or down...so much so that now basically both my volume slider and 3D slider only have two modes: OFF and MAX. Forget trying to adjust them to comfortable levels. The track that the sliders run on always just gets stuck. Its not like I've spilled anything on them to cause this to happen. I think it's merely the humidity that does it to these sliders. I noticed that when its humid, the sliders work fine. When its cold, however, and the humidity is low...they STICK LIKE CRAZY.

If anyone else here has the New 3DS XL, have you encountered this problem too? If so, have you found a way to fix this issue?
Haven't had issues with the sliders but I find the stick to be a little on the slippery side. Though my second one is a bit better then my first one which I had to switch out since the B button broke after the first week.