Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Ask a Kahuna: 0kamii Edition!
Hey, guys! It's 0kamii, and today I want to do my first Q&A on PokémonForever!

So I've been pretty active on this site for the last year or so, so much in fact that I was apparently deemed worthy of being made a Kahuna by the mod team. Since then, I've been doing pretty much everything that I've done previously, though now I browse the forums looking for possible altercations, and putting a stop to them, as well as getting in touch with the mods and planning events and community posts. That being said, I've developed a little bit of a following. And while I can't thank you all enough for the support, I'm sure there's been questions you all want to ask about ol' 0kamii. So here we are! I'm currently in the process of trying to beat Ultra Moon for the first time, so sorry if this type of post is boring compared to my others. That being said, please keep all questions rated G. Thanks in advance, and as a special bonus, here's the answer to three common questions I've gotten in the past.

Ask a Kahuna: 0kamii Edition!

1) When did you start playing Pokémon?
That would be Gen 3, Pokémon Sapphire version. I'm a proud Hoennbaby. (#HeardYouLikeMudkips)

2) How did you first hear about the franchise?
My older brother played the games, and I thought it looked like fun. He played from Gen 1 - Gen 4. Diamond and Pearl were the last games we played together before he  'grew out of it.'

3) Are you involved in any other fandoms?
Yes. I'm a brony, a furry, as well as a Yu-Gi-Oh! player. I also play World of Warcraft, and I'm an admin for my tribe on ARK: Survival Evolved under the name Josiah Paradeep.

Feel free to ask me anything you want! Thanks so much for reading, everyone! Battle onwards, friends! Big Grin

- 0kamii

P.S. Thanks for the last year of support. Let's try to make it two!
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Do you collect the Pokémon cards?
O
Why should I ask you something? Kappa
OU MASTER RACE
@Hatonacat

Not really. I collect a few of my favorite cards, like Torkoal, Kyogre, and Sandslash, but I don't actively play the game. I did when I was younger, but not so much anymore.

@Kris

Because I'm a nine-limbed omnipotent cephalopod that knows all.

- 0kamii

Can't really argue with that.

Ok, if you got the chance to wipe your memory of any one Pokemon game to relive it for the first time again, what would it be?
OU MASTER RACE
@Kris

Oh, easily X and Y. I followed every leak, every screenshot, every theory about those games prior to their release. I was so impatient waiting for my copy that I even binged watched all the walkthroughs for it on YouTube before I got my own copy. I knew every battle, every character, every twist, every pokémon location. I had effectively ruined the game for myself, because I'd basically played it without playing it.

That's probably the biggest reason I avoid spoilers now, and have since ORAS. I never want to ruin my experience playing a main series game again.

- 0kamii

Hmmmmm.....

I always wondered how many pokemon such as Emolga (not common to any extent, but still can be used well) you have tried to use in competitive games such as VGC

If there are a lot, can you name a few of your favorites
Mawr
@FireTaco

Hm.

Shall I list ALL the unconventional pokémon I've used in VGC/recs? Or the unconventional pokémon I've used SUCCESSFULLY in VGC/recs?

I promise, the lists are not equal.

- 0kamii

@0kamii 

Hmm.

Now while the first option sounds tempting, I'm slightly more interested in your successful pokemon.
Mawr
@FireTaco

Alrighty, then. You asked for it. Here's the list of the mons I've used successfully in one way or another.

[Image: floatzel.png] [Image: carracosta.png] [Image: beartic.png] [Image: minun.png]
[Image: rampardos.png] [Image: turtonator.png] [Image: crustle.png]
[Image: yanmega.png] [Image: leafeon.png] [Image: armaldo.png] [Image: liepard.png]
[Image: komala.png] 
[Image: persian.png] [Image: emolga.png]

Obviously, Emolga was the crowning jewel, but there were others that were just crazy enough to work. I'm not sure if Yanmega counts, as it's literally the only mon on here not in PU, but I included it anyway because I haven't seen anyone use a Yanmega in AGES.

- 0kamii