Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Breeding Advice
Hello,

I've been playing Pokémon since the very beginning, but I have just recently started learning how to breed pokemon. I need some advice on how to get a 5 IV Pokémon. Is it just pure luck, or is there more I can be doing to influence the child Pokémon outside of Destiny Knot and the Everstone?

Thanks,

Sarhanle
As long as you understand the basics of pokemon breeding, the rest of it is fairly straight forward. Most pokemon breeders use a 6IV ditto holding a destiny knot as parent #1 and whatever they are trying to breed as parent #2. This take some of the luck out of pokemon breeding but it's not guaranteed.

I will assume you know about breeding for natures and egg moves already. So let's say you already have your parent pokemon with the right nature and any possible egg moves already and it only has 3 perfect ivs. If your other parent also has 3 ivs, keep hatching eggs until you find a baby with 4 or more ivs. Then replace one of the parents with the new baby.

So now you have a 3 iv parent and a 4 iv parent. Keep breeding those till you get either a 4 or 5 iv baby to replace the "worst" parent. Keep doing this until you get 5 iv babies. It's becomes a long process but once you get the hang of it it will become really easy.

There are several videos online that can help explain this. But just remember that even though you do have a lot of control over what the eggs can be, there is still a lot of luck involved. For me when I breed I use a 6iv ditto that I got from a breedingdittos sub reddit, and sometimes I can hatch a perfect egg in less then 10 eggs or sometimes it can take 100 eggs. It's all about the random number generator (RNG)
(Mar 19, 2015, 05:54 AM)Vexian Wrote: As long as you understand the basics of pokemon breeding, the rest of it is fairly straight forward. Most pokemon breeders use a 6IV ditto holding a destiny knot as parent #1 and whatever they are trying to breed as parent #2. This take some of the luck out of pokemon breeding but it's not guaranteed.

I will assume you know about breeding for natures and egg moves already. So let's say you already have your parent pokemon with the right nature and any possible egg moves already and it only has 3 perfect ivs. If your other parent also has 3 ivs, keep hatching eggs until you find a baby with 4 or more ivs. Then replace one of the parents with the new baby.

So now you have a 3 iv parent and a 4 iv parent. Keep breeding those till you get either a 4 or 5 iv baby to replace the "worst" parent. Keep doing this until you get 5 iv babies. It's becomes a long process but once you get the hang of it it will become really easy.

There are several videos online that can help explain this. But just remember that even though you do have a lot of control over what the eggs can be, there is still a lot of luck involved. For me when I breed I use a 6iv ditto that I got from a breedingdittos sub reddit, and sometimes I can hatch a perfect egg in less then 10 eggs or sometimes it can take 100 eggs. It's all about the random number generator (RNG)

Thanks for the advice. I'll eventually have to get ahold of a 6IV Ditto somehow.
I have a spare 6 IV ditto probably won't have normal trade hours till Monday but we could set up something on gts
Past Giveaways:
Unova water and fire starters with HA's
Chimchar with HA's and egg moves
HA Gible
HA Sableye
HA Minccino
BR HA feraligatr
BR Mega Gallade
BR Garchomp
BR Terrakion
BR Shiny Dragonite

Feel free to PM for info on past giveaways might have some left over