Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Breeding Questions?
So im very new to competitive pokemon battling and im trying to build my first team, but I dont know how people get 5-6iv legendaries like landorus, heatran, zapdos, and others. I know how to EV and IV train as well as breed pokemon so I have all that down, the only part im confused about is getting 5-6 iv legendaries with a blue pentagon?

Thanks for the help! Smile
(Jul 27, 2015, 11:21 AM)naitre Wrote: To have the blue pentagon, the legendaries must have been caught in ORAS or X/Y. All legendaries in gen 6 have at least 3 perfect IVs by default. Some players will soft-reset (essentially saving the game right before encountering the legendary, catching it, checking the IVs, and restarting the game if they're imperfect). Other players opt to illegitimately obtain their legendaries by editing the legendaries they caught in-game with Powersaves or genning their own perfect legendaries from scratch and injecting them into their game using hacking software. Each method is valid and will produce a usable Pokemon, it just depends on your personal "moral code" when it comes to Pokemon.

Okay so it is possible to get a 5-6iv legendary by soft resetting?
(Jul 27, 2015, 11:24 AM)naitre Wrote:
(Jul 27, 2015, 11:23 AM)Lucario3D Wrote:
(Jul 27, 2015, 11:21 AM)naitre Wrote: To have the blue pentagon, the legendaries must have been caught in ORAS or X/Y. All legendaries in gen 6 have at least 3 perfect IVs by default. Some players will soft-reset (essentially saving the game right before encountering the legendary, catching it, checking the IVs, and restarting the game if they're imperfect). Other players opt to illegitimately obtain their legendaries by editing the legendaries they caught in-game with Powersaves or genning their own perfect legendaries from scratch and injecting them into their game using hacking software. Each method is valid and will produce a usable Pokemon, it just depends on your personal "moral code" when it comes to Pokemon.

Yep, it's possible...it will just likely take you a very long time.

It takes long just to Soft Reset to get it Shiny, Who knows how long it takes to get a 5iv one
Cough Naitre Cough
Never Give Up! - Densest Anime Protagonist of the Century

Forum Ninja
#PopplioDefenseSquad
(Jul 27, 2015, 11:27 AM)naitre Wrote: Here is a guide that might help you out!

(Jul 27, 2015, 11:25 AM)podfighterninja123 Wrote:
(Jul 27, 2015, 11:24 AM)naitre Wrote:
(Jul 27, 2015, 11:23 AM)Lucario3D Wrote:

Yep, it's possible...it will just likely take you a very long time.

It takes long just to Soft Reset to get it Shiny, Who knows how long it takes to get a 5iv one
Cough Naitre Cough

Implying that I soft reset. I'm so lucky that I always get perfect legends on my first try. /s

So people dont simply shinify their 5-6iv pokemon? I dont see it possible for people in VGC tournaments to have shiny pokemon with perfect IVs?