Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Breeding help?
Hello!
I'm a relatively new IV breeder for Pokemon Y and have a couple questions

Yes I know a few things such as destiny knot and everstone uses and who to talk to to check IV stats and things such as that...but I have a couple questions 

Here's the senario, I'm breeding for a perfect IV in HP, Def, Sp.A, Sp.D and Speed gardevoir with modest nature and trace ability.

I have a female Gardevior with Special attack and Speed already maxed, after some breeding I have a female with Special Attack and Speed as well and with modest nature and trace, and gave her the everstone to keep the nature the same. Here's where my question comes in...

I also have a Raltz with high stats in HP, Attack, Defense, and Special Def, but they are NOT maxed, he is also a male and has modest with trace, my question is if I start breeding him with my female will I eventually get the stats that are NOT maxed to be maxed on an offspring? Also who do I give the destiny knot too? I've bred the perfect Sp.A and Speed female with a Perfect speed and Sp.A male and have only been getting the same two stars maxed which is obviously Sp.A and Speed on the offspring, if anyone can offer any insite on the subject that would be great. I'm kind of at a stand still with breeding which is why I'm asking for help. THANK YOU!

Also add me for friend safari. Am adding everyone who adds me and comments Smile thanks guys!
@Tht1guy What do you mean by maxed? Adding you by the way
@"ShinyJigglypuff" when I talk to the IV rater he says "the stats in special attack and speed just simply can't be beat!" Which to my knowledge means that they have a max of 31 in those stats, I want my gardevoir to have max in all stats but attack essentially,
@Tht1guy So you want a 6IV Gardevoir? That's quite tough to get, especially if you're breeding a 2IV with a 4IV.

By not maxed, I think you mean that although your male Ralts' IVs are high, they aren't IVs of 31. Let's imagine that all 4IVs of your male Ralts are 27 (this probably isn't true with your Ralts).

To answer your first question, short answer no. Destiny Knot randomly picks 5 random IVs from both parents to pass on to the offspring. Even if the situation goes favorably (All of Male Ralts IVs are passed down and Gardevoir's Speed/Sp. Atk IV ((I'll use the Speed IV as example)) is passed down, your Ralts' IVs would look something like this:
27/27/27/random IV from 1-31/27/31
If Ralts' 27 IV is passed down: it will always be 27. However if neither parents' Sp. Attack stat is passed down for example, you'll get a IV ranging from 1-31 for that stat. If that stat happens to be 31, then good. It's kinda random though.

Second question, you can give your Destiny Knot to either parent. Since they both have a Modest Nature you can give the Everstone to either then the Destiny Knot to the other.

You stated that whenever you bred a male and female with the IVs Sp. Atk and Speed the offspring would always have those two IVs. Your chance of Destiny Knot passing down either Parent's Perfect Sp Atk and/or Speed stat is 4/12 (both parents have 6IVs, perfect or not) which is basically 1/3. So I'd say you were lucky.
However, if you want to make breeding a whole lot easier, I'd suggest finding a 6IV Ditto (there's usually a few in giveaways or for trade here).
You could breed your female Gardevoir holding Everstone with Ditto holding Destiny Knot to drastically increase your chance of passing down good IVs. (8/12 I believe)
Then you can check the IVs of your offspring. If one or more Perfect IVs than your Gardevoir, switch out Gardevoir for one of  said offspring. You don't have to worry about having a wrong nature, since your Gardevoir passed it on with Everstone. Make sure to also give Gardevoir's Everstone to Ralts to still pass on the nature. Then rinse and repeat.
@"ShinyJigglypuff" Thanks! So basically what I'm seeing here is it's extremely random to get what I'm looking for. Then can I ask a question, if I give destiny knot to my female with 31 in special attack and speed, and ever stone to the other would that make it guaranteed to get special attack and speed 31 every single offspring? Which would narrow down the randomness of getting the other 4 to 31 (still a lot but less then 6 correct) or not? And if anyone else is reading this is there anyone willing to pass me a 6 IV ditto or give me tips on how to get one myself?
@Tht1guy 

Okay so I'm going to go over things you've already said with different formating and hypothetical numbers as well. Hope you don't mind some algebra lol.

For stats assume that x doesn't stand for the same number but simply for any unknown number from the parent's stats. Assume that y doesn't stand for the same number, but simply for any unknown number except it was generated randomly for the offspring and not inherited. And assume that i stands for the highest unknown value on a particular pokemon

So you're going for a:

Gardevoir
stats: 31/x/31/31/31/31
nature: Modest
ability: Trace
move a
move b
move c
move d

And what you have to breed are

Gardevoir
stats: x/x/x/31/x/31
move a
move b
move c
move d

and

Gardevoir
stats: i/i/i/x/i/x
move a
move b
move c
move d

You have the female holding a everstone which causes the offspring to have a 50% chance to have modest nature and 50% for any other nature. You have the male hold destiny bond which causes the offspring to inherit 5 out of 6 IVs from their parents.

Now from how this works let's say that the offspring gets 3 of its IVs from its mother and 2 from its father. From its mother it gets HP, Special Attack, and Special Defense. From its father it gets Special Defense and Speed.

The stats would then be as followed for the offspring

x / y / y / 31 / i / x

Now what this means is that the baby has completely random numbers in HP, Attack, and Defense while having relatively high numbers in Special Defense and Speed while also having a perfect Special Attack IV. 

Because it inherited Speed from both its parents, the one the game took IVs from last (lets assume the father) overwrites the IV from the parent that passed its IVs down first.

In this case x could be any value from 1 to 30 (assume the judge didn't describe a stat as terrible which means it has a value of 0), y could be any value from 0-31, and i could be any value between certain numbers depending on what the judge described the father's best stats as ("rather decent" being from 1 to 15 unless he described all the stats as terrible which makes them all 0, "good" being from 16 to 25, and fantastic being from 26 to 30).

In this particular random scenario the offspring actually inherits less stats than what the mother has because of the father's Speed overwriting the mother's perfect IV Speed.

So if you have a ditto or male pokemon in the same egg group as raltz that does have at least 1 perfect IV you might want to stick with that pokemon for increased chances of passing on more perfect IVs, rather than using the male raltz that simply has several high (but not perfect) stats.

I hope this helps. Another tip, if you weren't aware, is that Diantha does trade you a level 1 female raltz holding Gardevoirite with 20/20/20/31/20/31. I wouldn't be surprised if you already knew that though.
@Tht1guy It's not guaranteed to get a Ralts with Sp. Atk and Speed under those conditions; it's just very likely.

To increase the odds of getting the other 4 to 31, you pretty much just need high IV parents who have IVs in those stats so they can pass them down.

As for getting a 6IV Ditto, I think if you scroll through the pages of "Pokemon Giveaways" you're definitely going to find one. I have a 6IV Ditto howvever I'm currently using it for breeding. If I had another I would give it to you.
@VoidThoughts Thank you! That explanation really did help since I'm not afraid of alittle algebra! Lol so if I have a male with Sp.A and Speed maxed and a female with Sp.A and Speed maxed as well use them to breed correct? Since with a destiny knot it's a high chance to pass those on and hope that the other ransomed hit 31? Or don't use a destiny knot yet since it guarantees passing on 5 from either parent and only 2 are maxed? Also @"ShinyJigglypuff" thanks for the advice! Very helpful both of you!
@Tht1guy 
If you had a male and female both with perfect Sp.A and Spd then there is a high chance with the destiny knot that they'll recieve one if not both of those perfect IVs though there would still be a chance that a random number would generate for those stats if the IVs weren't chosen by the game to be passed down.

I would definitely suggest trying to get a 6IV ditto to breed your female raltz with. While they're hard to actually find in the wild, there are a bunch of folk on this forum and in other pokemon communities that can give you one. These dittos are mostly hacked or cloned through glitches, but they are "legitimate" pokemon in that they do not have moves or abilities outside of what is possible (though unlikely) to be encountered in the wild. Plus a 6IV ditto is very helpful in any other breeding projects you might undertake in the future.

As a bonus a lot of hacked dittos are usually non-english which means players from english speaking countries will benefit from the Masuda Mathod.