Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[CONSOLE] Splatoon General Thread
I've seen multiple splatoon threads discussing only one aspect of the game, so I decided to make a general thread for Splatoon discussion.

So, how many people here are Squids or Kids? I've been enjoying the game a lot, its probably my favorite game of 2015 so far. Cant wait for the new free update!
You mean updatessssssss KappaHD

This is the first game in my life that intrigued me as soon as I saw it announced that was a new series. My new job makes it hard for me to find time to play it when I'm not tired. I spent over $100 on the game, Amiibos, and strategy guide, and my brother has played it a lot longer than me. XD And I'm used to him hogging the PC. :$

I stand by my belief that the Splat Rollers are slightly overpowered. It's a lot like Little Mac from Smash, except that I don't think Little Mac is overpowered. They are stupid powerful in amateur matches, but when a more experienced player goes against it, they become predictable and you just laugh at them. OpieOP The difference is that good Little Macs still sruggle against some players/match-ups, while good Splat Rollers are near impossible to stop. I cannot tell you how manh times I've seen a team of 3 or 4 rollers win. Most were in the testfire, but still...

I'm only level 10, but most of the time I've played there were Wi-Fi issues at home, so I've 100%'d Single-Player and all the Amiibo challenges. Playing through the final boss 4 times in a row didn't get tiring. Kreygasm
I LOVE SPLATOON!!!

If I didn't represent my love for the game in that one sentence then I don't know what I can do.

Splatoon, in my opinion is one of the best games that Nintendo has released for the Wii U so far. It is an amazingly original concept on a classic third person shooter. Along with that, they are constantly adding updates to the game to enhance the gameplay and add more features. Just tomorrow they are going to add yet another new game-mode, Tower Control.

The weapons in the game are all unique and refreshing. My personal favorite is the Aerospray line of guns. They provide a quick and easy way to get a lot of ink covered. My other favorite weapon that isn't my main is the newly released Carbon Roller. It is a fast and easy to control roller which is perfect for the style I play the game.

I am currently the maximum level which is to say 20. I personally want them to increase the level cap but that's probably just me. I've also already completed all the Inkling Boy Amiibo challenges. They were a pleasant twist on the single player campaign.

Speaking of the single player campaign, IT WAS AMAZING. It almost had a Super Mario Galaxy feel to it as you went around taking out the evil Octarians. The bosses were all very fun to battle and the final boos was hands down the best boss I have ever seen in a video game.

In conclusion... You're a kid now, You're a squid now, You're a kid, You're a squid, You're both. That's that.