Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Can anyone give me beginners tips for battling?
So just today I participated in my first online battle, suprisingly I won! I was using a Greninja with HA: Ice Beam, Hydro Pump, Night Slash, Power-Up Punch; Snorlax with Thick Fat: Toxic, Rest, Sleep Talk, Crunch; and finally Gallade (Mega) with Steadfast: Psychic, Rock Slide, Close Combat and Protect. Is there any items i should put on these pokemon that would make a difference, or should i switch out these with other Pokemon? If so which ones? Should I possibly even scrap this team and remake one? Thank you for responses
Smile
For the items, I think you should put a life orb/focus sash on greninja since he's pretty frail on the defensive side. Leftovers or perhaps chesto berry (if you want to make your snorlax wake up) can be a great asset for snorlax in terms of recovery. As for Gallade, I have no complaints there; your movesets for Gallade are relatively unique Smile I don't know any particular Pokemon to be swap out, since you only provide three Pokemon to discuss about (I presumed you use them for Single Battles in PGL).

If you want to provide more sufficiency for that team, I would choose defensive core mons for coverage such as Ferrothorn (iron barbs), Gastrodon (storm drain or stick hold), or Arcanine (Intimidate or Flash Fire) etc. I also think you need flying or levitating Pokemon as insurance from ground type moves (ground immunity)

As for offense, you can choose however you like b/c there is an array of Pokemon with amazing abilities to see, choose and battle so...

Overall keep battling and practicing
Sleep is important, so take a nap -_- (zzzzzzz....)
(Jul 19, 2016, 02:00 PM)nightburstpkmn Wrote: For the items, I think you should put a life orb/focus sash on greninja since he's pretty frail on the defensive side. Leftovers or perhaps chesto berry can be a great asset for snorlax. As for Gallade, I have no complaints there; your movesets for Gallade are relatively unique Smile I don't know any particular Pokemon to be swap out, since you only provide three Pokemon to discuss about (I presumed you use them for Single Battles in PGL).

If you want to provide more sufficiency for that team, I would choose defensive core mons such as Ferrothorn (iron barbs), Gastrodon (storm drain or stick hold), or Arcanine (Intimidate or Flash Fire) etc. I also think you need flying or levitating Pokemon as insurance for ground-type moves.

As for offense, you can choose however you like b/c there is an array of Pokemon with amazing abilities to see, choose and battle so...

Overall keep battling and practicing
Thanks a ton i really appreciate the advice!
While I'm no battle expert, I can say this much:

1) don't pull a me. By this, I mean that you should not ignore status/stat moves, unlike me because I do ignore them (mostly)
2) if you're looking to win cheap, often times an Uber is all you need
3) prefer a fair fight? pick some ou or BL Pokemon
4) in almost all circumstances, a Pokemon without an item is inferior to an equal Pokemon with an item
5) if you're a fan of glass guns, only use high-damage moves
finally, 6) if you want to explore some uncommon battle strats, use pokemon from the UU and below tiers. heck, if you want a really obscure tactic, think one up and try it! often times its fun to catch experts off guard, making them think "this isn't a strat I've ever seen, I need to be careful"

Well perhaps my sheer lack of experience should be taken with a grain of salt :P
You can find me on YouTube, Steam, and Twitter if you need to