Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[Closed for Now] "Be kind and respectful to one another" - Giveaway
(Aug 16, 2015, 03:12 PM)Kehrenok4u2 Wrote: I breed and battle and i can see your point, people have no true investment anymore so they feel they could act however they want.

Right on! Can't be put better. I was afraid I wasn't making sense.
New to the Forum? Visit a 5IV Pokemon Giveaway here.

I am Breeder. Need help? Ask away!.

I'm one of those people who misclick a lot. I started using a heal bell Gothitelle and I heal the other team at least once every other game. Doing this is embarrassing and I am always worried what others will think. Being that I breed my pokes and have little battle experience it is easy for me to watch every match, even ones with misplays in them, and think I wish I could see what they were thinking and learn more about the game from other views. I feel we need to get in touch with how we thought in the beginning when we wanted to learn and not judge others. Unfortunately, with some people it seems that as they get better they become arrogant in their abilities. It is harder than it looks when you are on the clock with something to be lost if you lose the match like in the tournament. And thank you for the give away but I will politely decline the trade.
(Aug 16, 2015, 03:08 PM)Luisito Wrote: I have an interesting point of view. It is MY PERSONAL point of view.

I didn't want to comment on the main thread when it was first posted because I do not battle and wouldn't be my place to comment about the issue. That being said, this is a different approach to the conversation which allows me to say 1 or 2 things.

I am a breeder, and that is all I do all day long every time I open my ds. I have never battled.

From what I have seen and noticed in the Pokemon community from the last 2 months that I've been playing my first Pokemon game, I have noticed that it has lost its very special and unique touch, that would be breeding Pokemon.

Why do I say this? Because most players around the world use Powersaves and/or Genne their Pokemon; In the search for that unique Pokemon with special features and characteristics, people do not breed/hatch/grow/train/evolve their Pokemon anymore. That special connection has been lost and why? Because through cheating, people became extremely competitive and only mindful of personal title acquisition, they only want to win.

If people would breed their own Pokemon, you would see a change of heart in the community. Because it bloody takes time and so much patience, and skill learnt through trial and error. People would develop a different attitude towards the game and Pokemon that cost so much to obtain, and thus, people would understand the hardship that it is.

Am I making sense?

I have nothing against Powersaves/Genned Pokemon, but when people use those fake-Pokemon for Tournaments, then things change; it is cheating according to Pokemon Rules.

Last time I checked, in my book, cheating talks about the morality of an individual. A very bad one.

How can we expect for people to respect each other when they engage in morally wrong acts? Putting this in different words with an example: You can't ask a person to keep a secret, when the entire town knows him/her as the gossiper. Basically, it is ironic.

Until people ponder, meditate about this problem, many other things won't be fixed.

So yeah, morality and stuff. Those are my 2 cents.

Wow! I can tell a lot of time and thought was spent on writting this! I have to agree; the harder you work for something, the more you appreciate it. This gives another perspective on the situation and I can absolutely respect what is being said here! Thank you so much for the response! I truly appreciate the contribution. I have you added I believe, and I will be on for an hour or two Smile

(Aug 16, 2015, 03:21 PM)rhynozpineconez Wrote: like nubnubs i was only interested in the giveaway at first, but after reading what naitre had to say i was really surprised to see there was that kind of bullying amongst the pokemon community, after playing WOW, and then LOL its plain that the internet can be filled with harsh voices and opinions, but i like to think of pokemon as more of a friendly place to play with your newest or favourite pokemon test out new strategies and have fun playing an iconic childhood game and i myself will definately be making more of an effort to spread a joyful experience whilst playing pokemon

Thank you so much! We definitely need more people like you to spread that happiness to others! We should all be smiling as we play the game! We both know what it is like to be in those environments with unhealthy attitudes, so let's work hard to make this one a friendly one Smile I have added you and we can trade anytime! Once again, thank you! I enh0joyed reading yohr response!

(Aug 16, 2015, 03:22 PM)CooldRebellion Wrote: That thread is so powerful in many ways and ive always believed that battling with people can be competitive and light hearted at the same time. You should never ridicule someone based off the moves they make because no one is perfect and we all make mistakes. Ive always played pokemon in that way no matter if i win or lose at the end of the day i always give the other player a gg and learn from their mistakes as well as my own : )

Yes to this!!! It is so difficult to predict in Pokemon and at times, it ends up being a 50/50 roll. Or maybe, you are trying to make a prediction beyond that 50/50 roll. Anything is possible, and people should definitely not be hated for their decisions. I think we share the same mentality of how we win and lose. Sometimes, we learn more from losing than winning! I have you added now, and we can trade anytime! Thank you so much for sharing!!!!

(Aug 16, 2015, 05:33 PM)cactus_jack12749 Wrote: I'm one of those people who misclick a lot.  I started using a heal bell Gothitelle and I heal the other team at least once every other game.  Doing this is embarrassing and I am always worried what others will think.   Being that I breed my pokes and have little battle experience it is easy for me to watch every match, even ones with misplays in them, and think I wish I could see what they were thinking and learn more about the game from other views.  I feel we need to get in touch with how we thought in the beginning when we wanted to learn and not judge others.  Unfortunately, with some people it seems that as they get better they become arrogant in their abilities.  It is harder than it looks when you are on the clock with something to be lost if you lose the match like in the tournament.  And thank you for the give away but I will politely decline the trade.

Omggggg. I actually remembered when I T-bolted a Landorus instead of HP-icing it. The misclick was so real!! Sad
I absolutely agree with you! Some people let all those wins get to their head, and instead of using their knowledge for constructive criticism, they insult the other player! That just discourages the other player to even play, rather then get better Sad Waaaa? And you don't want the Pokemons? Are you sure? If you change your mind, send me a PM, kind sir!!!! Thank you so much for sharing with the community!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly, I just want to say, I am very proud to be grouped with you guys, the community of Pokemon Forever. The next time Justin streams, hopefully our voices together can push away all the haters, and make everyone be happy, and smile about their decisions rather than be put down for it. Of course, carry this with you outside of Pokemon Forever as well! Everybody could use a little more happiness in their life!! <3
I am sure I do not want any.  I am just glad that people are having this brought to their attention now Smile
I slowly stopped playing Call of Duty because of how everyone trash talks and there is no reason for it, Pokemon is the games where everyone can enjoy and no one really trash talks.
wow that thread is pretty deep, I'm a pretty hot headed person myself and can react pretty harshly when things dont go my way, it's really opened my eyes up to not reacting so instinctively and with so much anger and to instead take a step back and breathe, and be a bit more humble in my losses
(Aug 17, 2015, 01:26 PM)juan_pedro Wrote: I slowly stopped playing Call of Duty because of how everyone trash talks and there is no reason for it, Pokemon is the games where everyone can enjoy and no one really trash talks.

I know what you mean. This community is so much friendlier, and I am so happy to be a part of it! I added you and we can trade anytime Smile

(Aug 17, 2015, 09:58 PM)ashketchum116 Wrote: wow that thread is pretty deep, I'm a pretty hot headed person myself and can react pretty harshly when things dont go my way, it's really opened my eyes up to not reacting so instinctively and with so much anger and to instead take a step back and breathe, and be a bit more humble in my losses

I actually use to be the same way too! It really sucks to lose, but only if you think it does! Take your gained knowledge from that loss, and turn it into even more power in the next battle! That is how we become better trainers! I believe we already have each other added! And I know the time for when we are on are vastly different xD I'll try yo be on when you are Smile