Poll: What is your favorite Electric Mouse?
This poll is closed.
Pikachu
0%
0 0%
Raichu
16.67%
1 16.67%
Pichu
0%
0 0%
Plusle
16.67%
1 16.67%
Minun
16.67%
1 16.67%
Pachirisu
33.33%
2 33.33%
Emolga
16.67%
1 16.67%
Dedenne
0%
0 0%
Alolan Raichu
0%
0 0%
Togedemaru
0%
0 0%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] 0kamii's Top 5 Favorite Electric Mouse Pokémon!
[Image: 2edb4f0c-s.jpg]

Hey, everybody! It's 0kamii, and this is a post I've wanted to do for a long time now!

So with every new generation of Pokémon comes a cute, little Electric-Type looking to cash-in on the success of the series mascot, Pikachu. While I think it's obvious that none of these critters are ever going to soar quite as high as the original Mouse Pokémon, there have definitely been a few that have stuck out. Whether it be through gimmicky strategies on Battle Spot, hilarious appearances in the anime, rogue Shiny encounters, or even shocking usage on World Championship level teams, the Electric Mouse family has touched the hearts of many trainers. To me however, my love of the Electric Mouse famly is very recent. Practically every member of the family was by-passed by a young, inexperienced 0kamii. I preferred the likes of Suicune, Salamence, Kyogre, Manectric, Aggron...bascially all the cool mons that you'd expected a little kid to graviate towards. But as I grew older, and I had to start thinking with my head in order to win, the Electric Mice slowly crept into my team planning sessions, and I started to recognize that several of them had a surprising amount of strategic value. And as most of you know, this culminated in my post about how to use an Emolga in VGC 2017. While met with mix reviews, it's still my most popular post, reaching over 3,000 views. So in honor of Emolga, and all the other Electric Mice I've come to love, I present my favorite of the colony!

0kamii's Top 5 Favorite Electric Mouse Pokémon!

Honorable Mention

[Image: dedenne.png]

I fell in love with Dedenne from the moment I saw it, and it was the first Electric Mouse that I bred for use in competitive play. I wasn't nearly as good of a trainer then as I am now, so it should come as no surprise that my poor poor Dedenne (whom I nicknamed Lil' Rai-Oh) got steamrolled in competitive play. Dedenne was the original Electric/Fairy-Type before Tapu Koko burst onto the scene in Gen 7, but sadly we all know who's more useful. The Antenna Pokémon will always be cute, and I have fond memories of Lil' Rai-Oh. But if you haven't already noticed, he's an honorable mention. That means that five other mice took the lead on the race to my heart. So let's get into it, for real this time!

5) Raichu

Raichu

Raichu is that pokémon that always seemed to get overshadowed by its pre-evolutin, Pikachu. While yes, Pikachu is the mascot of the entire franchise, Raichu is legitimately the better pokémon. That's not even up for debate. Its stats are FAR more useful than Pikachu's, and thanks to its Hidden Ability Lightning Rod, it has a nice niche role in Doubles. Is it any wonder why last year's World Champ Wolfey used one on his team? No, it's not. Raichu does so well in battle that it actually beat out Jolteon for the coveted Electric-Type spot during my playthrough of LeafGreen. It's early accessibility coupled with the usefulness of having an early game Electric-Type against Misty really secured Raichu's place on my team, and I haven't looked back since. Raichu is also a very useful pokémon for Shiny hunting. I used one throughout my X Version to catch non-Shiny legendaries like Xerneas and Articuno, as well as countless other Shinies I hunted throughout the sixth generation. Pikachu may be more popular, but Raichu is my preferred choice any day.
4) Pachirisu
[Image: pachirisu.png]

Remember earlier in this post when I mentioned something about shocking use on World Championship level teams? Yeah, I wasn't talking about Raichu. Se-Jun Park rocked the competitive world of Pokémon when he brought a Pachirisu to Worlds 2014. What rocked the competitive boat even more is that he won! As such, people immediately began to praise Park for being creative and using an unorthodox strategy to catch his opponents off-guard, even if poor poor Pachi was used in a sacrificial manner. I never liked Pachirisu prior to this, mainly because I thought the anime version was annoying, but Park really changed my mind about Pachirisu, and even though I haven't used a Pachirisu in competitive play, it's still so fun to use in Battle Spot and against friends. Since most of my friends don't play competitive pokémon, they're always taken off-guard when their end is met at the hands of a small, pink squirrel. Yes, my Pachirisu is Shiny. Wink

3) Togedemaru

[Image: togedemaru.png]

Togedemaru holds the distinction of being the only Electric Mouse that I loved instantenously. I said earlier that my love for the Electric Mouse pokémon is recent, but even I couldn't resist the magnetism of the Roly-Poly Pokémon. I even Shiny hunted this thing out of obligation because I felt like I needed to have one because I loved it so much. Of course, I didn't realize that it actually had a fascinating niche in competitive play, but I would soon learn that Togedemaru is an absolute prick! Fake Out, Spike Shield, Nuzzle, Zing Zap...oh my! This guy don't apologize for anything, and while he may have 4x weakness to Ground-Types, the sheer hilarity of watching my opponent erupt after seeing their Garchomp, Celesteela, or Fini go down to a Togedemaru is priceless. He may have not been out for long, but Togedemaru has been propelled into the number three spot. Quite deservedly so, might I add.

2) Emolga

[Image: 20200000013920144728359531305.jpg]

I'm sure you're all quite surprised to see that Emolga isn't number one. Frankly, I am too. I agonized over the final two spots from 1:00am last night to right before I sat down to write this post. The simple fact of the matter is: I love Emolga, truly. But there's a reason it just barely missed out on the number one spot. The truth is that my adoration of Emolga is VERY VERY vernal. When Gen 5 was released and I saw Emolga for the first time, I paid it no mind. The Gen 6, still nothing. Then Gen 7, still nothing...until January of 2017. That's when I made this post → (http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-VGC-Emo...ith-0kamii). This was the post that hurled me from lowly forum browser to the semi-popular guild leader and poster that I am today. I owe Emolga a lot, for it was the last pokémon I expected to be my saving grace. I love Dragon-Types, and Water-Types, and Dark-Types, and I just always figured my breakout would be about one of those. But no, Emolga rose above them all and took me with her. Since then, I've been absolutely enamored with this momonga. But if you've read any of my posts since January, you already know that. But I said, there is one Electric Mouse that beats out Emolga. Barely, mind you, but beats it out all the same.

1) Shiny Minun

[Image: 156a342d22746c91a.png]

There's really not much to say here. Shiny Minun is one of those pokémon that manages to slip into my mind without even trying. I'm a Gen 3 baby, Pokémon Sapphire was my very first pokémon game, and thus the first Pikachu clone I ever owned was Minun. It wasn't Shiny, but I still couldn't believe how cute it was and how awesome it was in Doubles. Then, when Hidden Abilities got introduced, it got Volt Absorb and my inner Young Trainer went berserk. Unfortunately, I never found one with Volt Absorb, so my passionate kinship with Minun sat dormant until this past month when I realized that I had the means and motivation to breed a competitive, Shiny Minun. I went at it and got it after only 167 eggs, which is a godsend compared to some of the other Masuda Method hunts I've done (*cough cough* 2,037 eggs for Shiny Lapras *cough cough*). I trained her, threw her into battle, and just like that the waves of my adolescence crashed into me like a typhoon on the beach. Emolga may be my recent love, but Minun is like that of a kindergarten crush. The one you never truly cease. Minun was there when I was a novice, and now she's still here to battle at my side as a artisan. Minun, oh my dearest Minun, you truly are something special. Heart

That's all for today, folks! I didn't include Marill and Mimikyu because those guys are technically Pikachu clones, not Electric Mouse pokémon. I have several new VGC analyses planned, but I won't be posting any until next week at the earliest. Let me know in the thread below what your favorite Electric Mice are, and just to make things interesting, let's ask users @Darkpower, @Aqua The Sightseeing Feminist, @MajesticMamoswine, and Amethyst 0mega breeder @TestarudoRi.

What is your favorite Electric Mouse pokémon?

Thanks so much for reading everyone, and I look forward to all the intense discussions we're bound to have! I'll read you all soon. Battle onwards, friends!

- 0kamii

P.S. As of yesterday, I'm officially a PokémonForever Kahuna. My user group has been changed and the color of the font of my username has been changed to green. Fitting, seeing as how I have green eyes in real life. Thank you all for the amazing progress I've made. Could've have done it without you! Big Grin
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Great write up again! For me it's very close between Pachi and Raichu, but I think Raichu edges out a bit just because I think it looks better. But, still can't beat Sejun's Pachi!
Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!
Hey, @stephenWITNESS! Thanks for the rep. I do love my Minun very much, but I actually can't think of a worthy nickname for her. Nothing seems good enough. And as for Raichu, glad to see I'm not the only one that loves it more than Pikachu. It's super fun to use in battle too. I wanted to put it higher, but you're right...you just can't beat Pachirisu.

Pachi is actually my partner's favorite Electric Mouse, and he doesn't even play pokémon! He just thinks it's cute. How's that? Tongue

- 0kamii

@0kamii Lol don't have time to express fully how much I love this post right now but I'll be back tonight x3 Emolga was love at first sight for me and I've been watching the black and white anime recently cause I sorta skipped it during highschool so I'm just loving Emolga even more lately x3 <3<3<3 Holy crap you have green eyes too??? That's crazy only like 3% of the world has green eyes we really are a like :p
Glad you love the post, @wartty. Emolga will always have a special place in my heart thanks to that little post I made, but Minun is still my first love. And yes, I do have green eyes. I wasn't proud of it for the longest time because my brother would tease me, said my eyes were full of snot. But I guess that's just sibling banter. I like my eyes now, and I only recently discovered its rarity. Joke's on him, I guess. Big Grin

- 0kamii