Poll: About what should be my next "All Our Favorite" post?
This poll is closed.
Fairy-Types
36.36%
4 36.36%
Eeveelutions
63.64%
7 63.64%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] All Our Favorite Ghost Pokémon!
[Image: frost_rotom___blizzard_by_ishmam-dbq2mtu.png]Gotta love gen four, when rotom was still ghost and this little fridge was actually viable :\ miss those days
@AverageJoe 
rotom-frost is best rotom
ghost-type is actually one of my three favorite types! i've always favored banette for some reason, i dig its design both regular & mega, brief backstory (dex entries) and the fact that its a ghost. i remember the first time i started using the gts i tried hard to get a shuppet so i could breed one myself because i wanted a banette so badly. it'll probably always be my top favorite ghost pokemon (i love that it was given a mega evolution too) but generally i like all ghost-type pokemon. mine has an adamant nature, it knows knock off, will-o-wisp, sucker punch & destiny bond, and i usually give it its mega stone to hold. its not the most trustworthy moveset, but it has won me battles, will-o-wisp has proven useful and destiny bond is always great. Wink kind of like the last word in an argument lmao. i actually nicknamed mine "Urami" as that word translates to "grudge" in japanese which fits banette's dex entry.

decidueye's a very close second, by the way.
@rowlet

Oooh. Banette.

That's definitely a unique choice. I was very much expecting people to say the common ones like Gengar, Spiritomb, Mimikyu, you know the popular ones. Good on you rowlet for sticking to your guns. What would you say is the best way to run a Banette?

Team Mega, or Team Non?

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

(Nov 4, 2017, 08:58 AM)0kamii Wrote: @rowlet

Oooh. Banette.

That's definitely a unique choice. I was very much expecting people to say the common ones like Gengar, Spiritomb, Mimikyu, you know the popular ones. Good on you rowlet for sticking to your guns. What would you say is the best way to run a Banette?

Team Mega, or Team Non?

- 0kamii

unfortunately im not very good at competitive (i recently started breeding for competitive mons & looking up useful movesets for battles after i bought sun, never even knew about EVs and stuff before that ahah) but these are the banette(s) i switch between personally:

as the team's mega-grudge

[Image: banette-mega.png]

Mega-Banette @ banettite
nature: adamant
ability: frisk ---> prankster (frisk gives you the chance to find out what your opponents pokemon are holding before mega evolving, which can let you know what to watch out for, etc. prankster for priority status moves of course)
EVs: 252 hp, 252 attk, 4 def
moveset:
- knock off
- shadow sneak
- will-o-wisp
- destiny bond (egg move only)

and

Mega-Banette @ banettite
nature: adamant
ability: frisk ---> prankster
EVs: 252 hp, 252 attk, 4 def
moveset:
- knock off
- sucker punch
- will-o-wisp
- destiny bond

sucker punch or knock off could be replaced by shadow sneak, shadow claw or another move of choice and vise-versa (in fact i actually think im going to replace the top one's knock off with sucker punch to try it out). in banette's case id say priority moves are better from my personal experiences using it in battles though. if a queenly majesty tsareena or psychic terrain shows up, aka when it doubt, switch out or use destiny bond + will-o-wisp until the opponent takes both banette & itself down. no matter what, id say destiny bond is a really good move to have on it whether its the team's mega or not. banette is not only slow but frail as well and without becoming a mega, it doesnt get much of a chance to do anything before being ko'd -- its only good base stat is attack before mega evolution and that skyrockets after mega evolution, and while its other stats increase slightly they're still awful. i like to use banette with a mega stone, as its mega evo's ability prankster puts will-o-wisp & destiny bond to use immediatly (those two moves have helped me A LOT, prankster ability + destiny bond are a heck of a combo. sucker punch and shadow sneak are the other big helps + options to cover its horrible speed. ) also with the 252 EVs invested into hp it should be able to survive at least one powerful hit (which may depend on the attacker too?). im not sure id recommend running a banette either of these ways as theyre not fullproof or anything, im nowhere near an expert when it comes to competitive, nor are they my own sets, got them from another site. just how i use it lately ! even though it has lame stats i love it anyway and it will always hold a special place in my heart