Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Any point in completing XY/ORAS national dex with sun/moon being out?
I was planning on completing the dex before sun and moon cam out but got reall busy so I couldn't do it Sad

I'm only 120 off from completing the nat dex on those gen 6 but with gen 7 out is there a point in me going for it? With everyone now on gen 7 would it be a lot harder to complete as the people willing to help would now not able to? Or should I just complete the Alolan dex?
I brought OR and played it completed the Dex then I realised when I wanted to play competitive, Sun/Moon was the way to go. I only played OR for the nostalgic value cos I played Sapphire when I was a kid ?. If you wanna be up with the times then I'd say go for the Alolan dex(I've just finished moon so that's what I'm doing), but if you wanna do it so you can say that you've done it then go for it! And you can even transfer some of the rarer Pokemon to Sun/Moon when/if pokebank comes out Smile
I say go for it brother. The shiny odds with the shiny charm are still statistically better in ORAS and X/Y & your only 120 away from a fully completed dex and that's an accomplishment in any pokemon game Kappa
(Jan 15, 2017, 10:05 AM)Brockahly Wrote: I brought OR and played it completed the Dex then I realised when I wanted to play competitive, Sun/Moon was the way to go. I only played OR for the nostalgic value cos I played Sapphire when I was a kid ?. If you wanna be up with the times then I'd say go for the Alolan dex(I've just finished moon so that's what I'm doing), but if you wanna do it so you can say that you've done it then go for it! And you can even transfer some of the rarer Pokemon to Sun/Moon when/if pokebank comes out Smile

(Jan 15, 2017, 10:55 AM)WishingShinyStar Wrote: I say go for it brother. The shiny odds with the shiny charm are still statistically better in ORAS and X/Y & your only 120 away from a fully completed dex and that's an accomplishment in any pokemon game Kappa

Ok thanks for your input and I will go for it Smile

Only ones I may struggle with is the Regi's but I guess one day I'll have to make the trek to get them
(Jan 15, 2017, 11:16 AM)TheShadowKnight Wrote:
(Jan 15, 2017, 10:05 AM)Brockahly Wrote: I brought OR and played it completed the Dex then I realised when I wanted to play competitive, Sun/Moon was the way to go. I only played OR for the nostalgic value cos I played Sapphire when I was a kid ?. If you wanna be up with the times then I'd say go for the Alolan dex(I've just finished moon so that's what I'm doing), but if you wanna do it so you can say that you've done it then go for it! And you can even transfer some of the rarer Pokemon to Sun/Moon when/if pokebank comes out Smile

(Jan 15, 2017, 10:55 AM)WishingShinyStar Wrote: I say go for it brother. The shiny odds with the shiny charm are still statistically better in ORAS and X/Y & your only 120 away from a fully completed dex and that's an accomplishment in any pokemon game Kappa

Ok thanks for your input and I will go for it Smile

Only ones I may struggle with is the Regi's but I guess one day I'll have to make the trek to get them

If you don't have a copy of OR or AS, I do have some extra regi's to trade you. It'll have to be tomorrow though because I have to work today Dodgy