Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Help about IVs/EVs
Is there a way to measure what evs or ivs a pokemon has in game? If so... how do you do it? I'm a little confused.
Not sure about the other games, but in ORAS, if you talk to the green-haired guy in the Pokemon Center at the Battle Resort, he'll tell you your Pokemon's IV's. He won't tell you the exact number, but if he says the pokemon's has "outstanding potential overall", and after he mentions certain stats, and he follows it with "can't be beat!", then that pretty much means that that pokemon has the highest IV's in that category it can have. 

If you'd like to see the full range of what he says and what it's translated to, you can check this page on the Bulbapedia:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Stats_judge

--------------------------------------

The EV's are a little harder to check, but once it's a "fully trained Pokemon!", you can (SAVE BEFOREHAND), and then give it a reset bag and after it's done hitting away, it'll show you how many EV's are in each stat with a minus symbol next to the number. Of course, you can do this before it's a fully trained pokemon as well, however, this is usually done just to make sure all the EV's are correct
Ok thanks. As it turns out my ditto has maxed out IVs in hp, attack, and speed.
(Feb 4, 2016, 08:32 PM)Straix34 Wrote: Ok thanks. As it turns out my ditto has maxed out IVs in hp, attack, and speed.

If you don't have a perfect IV Ditto you'll want a bunch with all the stats covered and a bunch in general with the different natures.
(Feb 4, 2016, 08:32 PM)Straix34 Wrote: Ok thanks. As it turns out my ditto has maxed out IVs in hp, attack, and speed.

No problemo  Smile
Sounds like IVs have been covered.

If you need to check your EVs, do so by popping that pokemon into Super Training. The bar on the right, filled in yellow, means it has EVs. The chart will show you in which stats, and if the bar is full, all of its EVs are spread.

You can then reset them with the training bag, and train them for the spread you want.
Everyone who replied; but especially BoneheadMarowak and m0thchild thanks a bunch! The evs was something I should have realized in gen 6 was via Super Training-related. Anyway... Now that I'm preparing to 'blaze' through gym 5 in OR with my level 39 Blaziken (pun not intentional) with a maxed out evs for him. I just want to thank everyone in this thread for helping me out. I appreciate it.
You're very welcome, glad I could help! ^_^

Good luck with those gyms! Wink