Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Hilarious Nike-Bot
So some 'somebody' called takolatomy1 just posted these threads in the 'Meet and Greet' forum:

http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-Nike-Ai...h-many-fun

http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-Nike-Ai...o-jump-out

http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-Jion-Ni...-the-globe

I'm convinced this is a strange bot account hellbent on advertising and selling Nike shoes, and chose our lovely site to post this very illiterate tennis-shoe marketing propaganda.

Clicking on the links takes you to this site (The link does not lead to anything that is against site policy):

The only thing it's made me do is grin and ROFL hardcore. (I LOLed extra hard At 'Jion')

If anybody reads/has read the aforementioned threads, reply and let me know what you think.

I'd also be interested to know what any Mods/Admins think. If they do get wind of this, I'd like them to know that I think this account should be disabled/ banned so it doesn't spam any more forums with irrelevant garbage like it did very recently.

QOTD:

Has anyone ever seen something like this before on the site? 

Anyways, have fun y'all, and remember:

Pokémon is Forever.  Smile
Hi @PokѐGuy thanks for letting us know. We get a few of these types of bot accounts every now and again and we just ban them as soon as we see them. I would highly recommend not clicking on any links that they post as there's no guarantee on the safety of the sites they're taking you to. I deleted the link from your original post as I couldn't advise anyone go to that site even out of curiosity.
In regards to these type of threads, or anything posted that looks suspicious, we ask that you report them as soon as possible. If there doesn't seem to be a mod online you could send a message in the general channel in the Discord and one of us will take care of it.
Thanks again Smile
Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!
@"PokéGuy" One time there was a spam thread in a different language, I don't think you see those everyday.
(Aug 3, 2017, 01:11 AM)stephenWITNESS Wrote: Hi @PokѐGuy thanks for letting us know. We get a few of these types of bot accounts every now and again and we just ban them as soon as we see them. I would highly recommend not clicking on any links that they post as there's no guarantee on the safety of the sites they're taking you to. I deleted the link from your original post as I couldn't advise anyone go to that site even out of curiosity.
In regards to these type of threads, or anything posted that looks suspicious, we ask that you report them as soon as possible. If there doesn't seem to be a mod online you could send a message in the general channel in the Discord and one of us will take care of it.
Thanks again Smile

No problem!

I just thought I'd bring it up so that it got dealt with. I'll be sure to just PM a mod or go to the Discord and report it in the future.

I still thought it was hilarious, though.

Thanks for setting everything straight!

PokéGuy
(Aug 3, 2017, 07:47 AM)TimeTwist Wrote: @"PokéGuy" One time there was a spam thread in a different language, I don't think you see those everyday.

That must've been interestining.  Rolleyes

I'm hope that we won't get any more spambots in the near future, foreign laungauges and Nike tennis shoes aside.

Agreed?