Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Need help for My M-Sceptile VGC team
As stated in the title, i need help finishing my M-Spectile team for vgc. I have finished my core but don't know what else i should add to the team. Currently i have

M-Sceptile
Lightning Rod
EV's: 252 SpA/252 Speed/4 HP
Timid
Item: Sceptilite
Moves: HP Ice, Leaf Storm, Detect, Dragon Pulse

Rotom-W
Levitate
EV's: 252 HP/150 Def/ 56 SpD
Calm
Item: Sitrus Berry
Moves: Discharge, Will-o-Wisp, Hydro Pump, Protect

P-Groudon
Desolate Land
EV's: 252 HP/100 Def/156 SpD
Sassy
Item: Red Orb
Moves: Stealth Rock Earthquake T-Wave Lava Plume

Please help me this is my first vgc team i think that this core is pretty good all i need are the other 3. I was thinking about maybe using a Gengar to help with the fairy types and maybe a Fairy type to help take care of the dark/fighting/other dragon types. I am very grateful for your help!
M-Sceptile doesn't need HP Ice in this metagame since Landorus-T is not as popular as it was in VGC15 and you can already OHKO every other Dragon type with Dragon Pulse. You can try Quick Guard or HP Fire in that slot.

I don't know why you are using a Uber Smogon set for your P-Groudon.. it doesn't fit in VGC Doubles simply because Stealth Rock is useless in this format, plus Groudon gets access to Precipice Blades and Eruption which are way stronger than Earthquake and Lava Plume. P-Don also needs Protect.

Rotom-W is another weird choice since it can't touch an opposing P-Groudon in Harsh Sun and you can't even use W-o-W in Primordial Rain.. it's not a good pokemon in this format. I know you want to use the Discarge+Lightning Rod combo but it's not that great.

PS: Are new to VGC16?
It looks like a solid start, but I do see huge opportunities for growth though. Why are you using a Sassy natured Groudon? Are you going for a team that can operate in Trick Room? If that's the case, then Sceptile doesn't work here. Also, Stealth Rock is a bad move in VGC. I'd also use Precipice Blades over Earthquake because not only does it hit harder, it doesn't hit the Pokémon on your side either. I'd also use Eruption over Lava Plume for similar reasons. This is the Groudon I run:

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Protect

Similarly, if you wanted to run a physical attack Groudon, you can run an Adamant/Jolly nature with 252 in Attack and Speed with Precipice Blades, Fire Punch, Rock Slide/Dragon Claw/ any other coverage move, and Protect.

Rotom-W was a great Pokémon in VGC last year, but I don't know how it stacks up against top threats this year. It gets completely walled by opposing Groudon which is the most used Pokémon in the format.

Sceptile is too frail to use. If you're using it to counter Kyogre, you'll get just wrecked by a 4x super effective Ice Beam. Talonflame, another common threat, will Brave Bird it into oblivion.

I would swap Rotom out with Kyogre and run a Double Primal team. If you want to run M-Sceptile because of it's ability then maybe run a Thundurus with Discharge? Thundurus has way more utility than Rotom, being able to get off Prankster Taunts and Thunder Waves for speed control.

So here's how to team would look after my changes:

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Protect

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Protect

Thundurus @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Protect
Rotom W is practically useless this meta game as is Mega Sceptile. Rayquaza completely walls Sceptile and Rotom gets bodied by Ferrothorn, Kyogre, Pdon, Xerneas, and other threats this meta game. When you use a gimmicky team such as this it may work for a couple battles in the lower ladder but it wont survive once you get past 1200 on showdown, and you'll be lucky if you can get past 1,550 on battle spot.
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug