Poll: Which starter did you choose in Johto?
This poll is closed.
Chikorita
0%
0 0%
Cyndaquil
69.23%
9 69.23%
Totodile
30.77%
4 30.77%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Our Teams From Johto! - with 0kamii
YAYYYYYYY YOU DID JOHTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
MY HOMELANDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

​​​​​​So, I beat Silver three different times, and I had slightly different teams each time. But here were some of my favorite Pokemon from my runthroughs. 

Marowak: Even as an inexperienced player, I still knew the wonders of False Swipe. In Silver, there was no False Swipe TM, and I had to level up a Pokémon that had it in its moveset to get it. This guy became one of my favorite Pokemon in Silver. I wish I had a Kanto Marowak in Sun just so I could have this guy again.

Furret: Sentret is the Second Generation's rodent. You catch it early on, and boy, it is the game's best HM slave. It could learn Cut, Surf, and Strength. I also just really like Furret; he's a cool dude.

Pidgey/Pidgeotto: I needed someone with Fly. Pidgey did that. I really didn't like my Pidgey, though, and I always wanted a Fearow instead, but, as soon as I would catch one....... my game would corrupt Angry

Red Gyarados: This guy is just cool, plus he's got brute strength. I hate to say it, but Typhlosion couldn't do the whole Elite Four alone, and Gyarados helped out when needed. He also was my Waterfall user.

Snorlax: This dude came in clutch in Blue's Gym. Typhlosion always OHKOed the Pidgeot, and 2HKOed the Rhydon, but it could never take out the Gyarados. That's when Snorlax came in, and with his incredible defenses, he KOed the Gyarados, allowing me to complete the Gym.

Typhlosion: I saved the best for last. And come on, who else would I pick? It's Typhlosion, the master of everything. I don't even know where to begin; it was just the best Pokémon a kid could ask for. From beating the Elite Four to completing Gyms to exploring, me and Typhlosion did everything together. That's all I can say.

Fun Fact No. 1: in all three of my playthroughs, I never did beat Red. I never even challenged him. I was always waiting for my friends to come over so we could do it together, but unfortunately, that never happened.

Fun Fact No. 2: Silver has the best OST of any Pokémon game, go listen to the Champion Battle theme, gives you chills...

Fun Fact No. 3: I didn't voluntarily reset my game for another run through. Here's what happened.

Play Number one: Just caught Snorlax, and my game corrupted.

Play Number two: Annnnd my game corrupted.

Play Number three: ANNNNNNND MY GAME CORUPPTEDDDDDDD

So, yeah. Sob story of the day.

See you all soon, I loved writing this post Big Grin

-RetroTyphlosion

@0kamii Where are you???
VGC|Breeding|Forum Regular|Amethyst 0mega

PM me if you need help with competitive battling!
I played through these games so many times... :')

My main team for most of those was Feraligatr Gengar Ampharos Golem Alakazam  I got the list from a book guide to the Japanese version,  and they're both early to catch and strong. I also use Espeon and Umbreon a lot, as well as Ho-oh.  I can't wait to play these games again on the 3DS..! Smile
@Chansey

To make the sprites appear, try using a lower case at the beginning of the Pokémon's name.

Like:

Mareep instead of :Mareep:

Hope that helped you, Chansey!

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Typhlosion Noctowl Snorlax Rhydon Heracross Flareon
(Aug 15, 2017, 08:30 PM)0kamii Wrote: @Chansey

To make the sprites appear, try using a lower case at the beginning of the Pokémon's name.

Like:

[Image: mareep.png] instead of :Mareep:

Hope that helped you, Chansey!

- 0kamii

Thank you! Smile
@0kamii Where are you?

@RetroTyphlosion

Here and there. I know you still want to battle, and I fully intend to deliver. Bring your A-game, Retro. Our battle is going to end the same way as the last. Don't expect me to hold back because we're compadres.  Cool

- 0kamii

(Aug 23, 2017, 07:53 PM)0kamii Wrote: @RetroTyphlosion

Here and there. I know you still want to battle, and I fully intend to deliver. Bring your A-game, Retro. Our battle is going to end the same way as the last. Don't expect me to hold back because we're compadres.  Cool

- 0kamii
@0kamii Great. I play VGC for fun, not for winning. But anyways, what did you think if my post?

@RetroTyphlosion

It was everything I expected. I didn't think you wanted me to respond to your team specifically, as I was trying to spark conversation between other members. But I like that we both used the Red Gyarados, and I'm not at all surprised that you used a Typhlosion. I mean, is your name RetroTyphlosion or is your name RetroTyphlosion, am I right?

- 0kamii