Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Pokémon Character(s) you really don't like
Title says it all. Prepare to see my rant side today. Don't get mad if a character you like gets mentioned, it's just our opinions.

Serena (Anime)
Serena is by far my least favorite character in the anime, due to lack of an actual story until 40 episodes or so in. Amourshipping (Ash x Serena) was pushed by the writers, massively. To me there was no point of making Amourshipping so big. The ship itself isn't even good. A girl obsessing over someone she met years ago, then using that as an excuse to start her journey. I'm sorry, what? The Amourshipping community didn't really help either (A story for another day). Her only form of character development for 40 episodes was her crush on Ash. Can you imagine how boring Advance Series would have been if it was May crushing on Ash for 40 episodes? I'm sorry, but pushing your shi* onto other people doesn't make it good.

Lyra (HGSS)
This should be obvious why I don't like her. Not only is she a really bad copy of Kris, her introduction to the games makes no sense. She gets introduced into Johto Remakes alongside Ethan, who was in Pokémon Crystal. Her dialogue is kind of boring in game too. I literally only play as her because that way she doesn't ever get to talk. How dare they remove such a good character for a Smash Bros. clone of her.
OU MASTER RACE
Jessibelle in the anime will always hold a special place in my dislike.  James is literally the most LIKEABLE char in the entire series. Why torment and try to change him?  -__-;  Only Meowth matches him for sheer likeability.  I know it's a running joke, but I don't see why Jessie and Jessibelle like tormenting both of them. Also anyone who tries to force someone to get rid of their harmless pet dog is horrible.  (I have a longstanding headcanon that the two girls' similar looks and tastes in tormenting victims is because they're long-lost half-sisters.)

On the reverse side,  I think the bad guy from the second movie is UNJUSTLY disliked. He was just trying to catch them all, like in the video games...  I don't think he meant to destroy every living thing. Anyone who could see Lugia and not be tempted to capture it is really unusual (I'm looking at you, Ash!)

Meowzie.  Another char who picked on one of my pet fave chars, lol.  But seriously there are better ways to shoot someone down than saying they're a poor freak! Sad  Meowth is adorable. She just has inferior tastes.

Lysandre.  Everything about that nut, including his servants' hideous fashion choices. You'd think they could get better outfit designs in FRANCE of all places...  Easily the worst villain from the series games I've played (although I haven't played them all.) 

Professor Oak for not letting me ride my bicycle indoors.  My character is a gangster, and he'll ride wherever he pleases! :')  Okay not really, but it is annoying.