Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Rare Shiny Catches/Fails?
Big Grin 
So I've been watching a LOT of shiny reactions/streams lately, and I've seen a lot of poketubers find two shinies in one horde, or rare 5% chance shinies in hordes/encounters. Has anyone else experienced this? Been lucky (or really UNlucky) enough to find multiple shinies in one horde, or like a zangoose vs. seviper horde shiny where the shiny has a chance of fainting, or even a 5% shiny find? Maybe even a shiny you find but don't notice it's shiny, or use the wrong move and faint it ヽ(●゚´Д`゚●)ノ゚。

I'll start off with my own story! Last week I was horde hunting on route 21 in XY trying to find a shiny swablu. On my 44th encounter I found a shiny scyther, which is a 5% chance of encountering as a horde. I almost didn't see it as scyther isn't that different as a shiny (it's major difference is that it has like red joints/neck). I was so excited when I caught it that I immediately traded it with metal coat to have it evolve into scizor!!! 

But, just last night I was horde hunting on route 11 in XY when on my 97th encounter I found a shiny female nidoran. I usually have my trusty noctowl at the start of my team with it's first move being air slash, but I had been in the FS so I had my illuminate ability lanturn at the front of my party. It's first move is moon blast, which I used without thinking and fainted all of the pokemon, including the shiny nidoran. I was so heartbroken as shiny female nidoran is pink and pretty, and it was the only shiny in a group of male nidorans, which I thought was cool. 

Anyone have any similar stories of victory or defeat on their shiny hunting journey?? ヽ(๑╹◡╹๑)ノ
Found a shiny? Talk about it here!!
When I was hunting for my Shiny Aron. I found three Zubat's in one horde. Considering it takes about 600 HE to normally find Aron, I had already got about 6 Zubat's that were shiny. I also have two Zigzagoon's in one horde. And my friend when I was streaming we were talking about stuff while we were both hunting. He found a complete shiny horde of Gravelers. 5 of them. I was crying.  Dodgy

He was happy though, eventually got on.. I mean five.  Rolleyes
@youngtomlin If I ever found more than one shiny in a horde I'd cry. I'd cry so hard that my house would flood. Much more if it was FIVE, because you can only get one in a horde ; - ; And if I found multiple shinies in a horde for a pokemon I WASN'T looking for I'd be so salty, because that could've been used for like a shiny axew instead of multiple shiny whismurs or zubats in a horde, which is what I'm hunting for in the connecting cave right now XD
Found a shiny? Talk about it here!!
One sentence: I let my little brother play my Pokémon game.
Money cannot buy happiness, but somehow, it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes Benz than a bicycle.

Previously Known as MistressGlaceon

uwu i can hacku
my first ever wild shiny encounter was on a migage spot, i was training on purugly when i found a shiny vulpix. i was so happy it took fice minutes to even start thinking on how to catch it. i didn't have anything with false swipe so i took my weakest pokemon en used a move that hadn't fainted other vulpixes on a lower level. but with my bad luck i fainted it, i was depressed for days.
later i whent back with a false swipe pokemon and chained for it, now i have a nice shiny ninetails
My biggest fail when catching a shiny had to be back in Platinum. I was just doing the usual XP grinding, getting my team to level 60 level 70 when I encountered a shiny wild Staravia. It was my first time ever seeing a shiny in the wild, so I of course tried everything I could to catch it. I put that sucker to sleep, paralyzed it, and threw every single ball I had before it struggled itself to death. And ever since then I have not seen any shiny out in the wild, I did get a shiny torchic out of an egg though so
Pokemon trainer since 2004!
(Oct 2, 2016, 08:27 AM)MistressGlaceon Wrote: One sentence: I let my little brother play my Pokémon game.

Ouch.

@Skulblaka01 Glad you were able to find another Vulpix. Ninetales is definitely one of my favorite shinies. It's so beautiful Heart Managed to breed one with only one egg :D

The only fail I had was when I was breeding for a shiny Krabby. I hatched about 400 eggs until I saw one in my PC box. Took me only 300 eggs to notice I already hatched one.. But still, 400 eggs is pretty quick to get a shiny imo. :P
#LillieDefenseSquad
Once i was shiny hunting Polliwag and 267 chain in i found a shiny.... wait for it...... Spheal! i was happy because it was my favorite pokemom..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
once i was shiny hunting eevee and i was 345 chain in when my chain broke
(Oct 2, 2016, 08:27 AM)MistressGlaceon Wrote: One sentence: I let my little brother play my Pokémon game.

R.I.P

What you would feel like

^ I swear chains do not matter in Dexnav. Or is there still not enough proof.