Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] SHINY BREEDING QUESTION
Hi guys and gals, I've been breeding an Italian Ditto with a HA Pokemon looking for a result of a male pokemon with the HA ability. 1500 eggs in I've hatched 6 shinies of either wrong gender or correct gender with no HA. My questions are:

1) What is the chance of passing down HA when the female has it, and the father is a foreign ditto? I've heard 60% but also 80%?

2) I've gotten 2 shinies in one batch of eggs, is it better to collect a lot of eggs then hatch all at once? It seems to me that the RNG for the 2 consecutives shiny was close enough that both resulted in shinies, I've seen an extreme result where a youtuber hatches 400 eggs and got 5 shiny charmander. Or is it just ok to collect 5 then hatch?
@alwayswannafly
The answer to Question 1 is 
 To start, I am going to list the aspects of breeding to consider and what new aspects Gen VI has introduced.1) An egg takes 3 different stats of the 12 total IV stats ((HP/Atk/Def/Sp.Atk/Sp.Def/Speed) x 2) of the parents and the rest are randomly generated from 0-31.2) The nature of the egg is randomly generated and not dependent upon the parents.3) The ability of the female has an 80% chance of passing down to the egg, while a hidden ability on a female has a 60% chance of passing down. In Gen VI they have added the option for males to pass down Hidden Abilities (only with ditto?) but the exact numbers are unknown so I'll stick with the Gen V numbers for now.4) In Gen VI, pokeball breeding was introduced. Female non-ditto pokemon pass down the pokeball they were caught in to the egg (excluding the master ball).5) I will copy from Bulbapedia for this.
  • The Pokémon will start with any moves that it learns at level 1 (In Generation II and Generation III, they learned all moves that are level 5 and below in their learnset.).
  • The Pokémon will start with any moves that it would learn by leveling up only if both parents know the move. This does not apply to moves that later evolutions can learn (such as Breloom's Mach Punch, which Shroomish cannot learn).
  • The Pokémon will start with any TM or HM moves (and in Crystal, Move Tutor moves) that the father knows and the baby can also learn by machine. [Removed in Gen VI]
  • The Pokémon will start with any Egg moves that the baby can learn and the father [now both parents] knows.
  • The moves will take precedence in the order listed, and if there are more than four moves to learn, the moves will start being overwritten much like when leveling up at the Pokémon Day Care.****
6) In Gen VI, wild pokemon with guaranteed perfect IVs have been introduced.
  • Wild baby pokemon (ie: Mime Jr. in the wild) are guaranteed to have three perfect (31) IV stats.
  • Some of the "storyline" pokemon are guaranteed to have at least one perfect IV stat, like the Lucario and the Lapras given to you.
  • Friend Safari pokemon are guaranteed two perfect stats.
  • Legendary pokemon have 3 perfect IVs.
7) Breeding results in the earliest evolution in the evolutionary chain of that species. ie: Charmander for a Charizard or Pichu for a Pikachu.8) There are certain items in Gen VI that assist with breeding.
  • Power Items (Not Macho Brace) allow a specific IV from a pokemon to be passed down to the egg guaranteed. This deducts from the 3 total IV stats passed down.
  • Everstone (now in Gen VI) guarantees that the nature of the parent holding it be passed down to the egg.
  • Destiny Knot Increases the default 3 total IV stats passed down from the parents to 5 total IV stats. (Introduced in Gen VI)
9) The Masuda Method is the method of breeding a foreign pokemon with a local pokemon. This makes the chance of getting a shiny significantly greater. Finding a perfect IV foreign pokemon is the most efficient way of getting shinies with good stats.10) There is a stats judge in the Kiloude City Pokemon Center that tells you how good you're pokemon are. The first description he gives (ie; Outstanding) determines the overall IV count you're pokemon has (0-186). But if you are breeding for perfect pokemon, all you should really care about is whether or not he mentions a specific stat and what he says after that. If he says "It can't be beat" it means that the stats mentioned are 31. If he says the stat are bad in some way, it means that they are 0 (not positive but from my own testing has been true).11) Pokemon with the ability Synchronize are important because having it at the front of your party (fainted or not) makes it so that the nature of the synchronizer will appear 50% of the time on all wild pokemon, including legendaries. I have a box full of synchronize Abra of every nature for this very reason.12) The female is the one who decides the species of the egg, except if using a ditto in which case it's always the pokemon that is not ditto (ditto can't be bred).13) Flame Body/Magma Armor speed up the hatch rate so always have a pokemon with one of these abilities in your party when hatching. The hatching O-Power is also an immense help.Now after you've read all of that I'd like to add on to some of the points I've made.1) By using Destiny Knot, we can now make it 5 different passed down stats out of the 12 total. This is a huge deal because prior to Gen VI we could only breed for an ideal of 3 different IV stats. Keep in mind when I say ideal that doesn't mean you can't get more, I am just referring to the number of IVs we can control and pass down.2) Everstone makes it so that you can be guaranteed to pass down the nature of the parent.3) Ability Capsule can permanently change your pokemon's ability as long as it's not a hidden one.4) If you use a ditto, it will be considered the "mother" so the pokeball of the ditto will be inherited instead of the female/male.5) You should decide prior to breeding what moves you would like for the pokemon to have so you can decide whether or not you want to breed them in. For example, I am breeding a Cloyster with a Corsola that knows Rock Blast so I can get a shellder with Rock Blast, which I will then start breeding normally.6) This has sped up breeding significantly. It is more efficient to breed with one of these than with a ditto, unless you have a ditto safari, but keep in mind #4.Ok now it is time to decide what pokemon you would like to breed and what you want to eventually end up with. If you want Cloyster with those moves, nature, and ability, then you need to consider how to obtain those.Moves: All of those moves are obtainable by leveling except for Rock Blast, which is an egg move. This means you need to breed it with a pokemon that can and has learned that move. An example of this would be Omanyte.Nature: The nature is either Naive or Jolly. So instead of hoping for one or the other, the best thing you can do is bring a synchronizer with the nature you want to have the odds of the nature you want appearing to be 50%.Ability: The ability "Skill Link" is not a hidden ability, meaning you don't have to have a dream world pokemon or catch a friend safari pokemon with your friend only to get the ability. However, Cloyster in Gen VI is only obtainable from an Ice safari, so you need to catch one there while your friend is offline to have a 50% chance of getting Skill Link as opposed to Shell Armor.Now assuming the gender chance is 50% (it isn't always) and the ability chance is 50%, the chance of you getting a the specific female Cloyster you want is (1/2 [Gender] * 1/2 [Nature] * 1/2 [Ability]) = 1/8. So you would technically need to catch 8 cloysters if you want a specific one, 4 if you don't care about gender, and 16 if you want both genders.However, as a breeding example I'll make it simpler and just assume that all you care about (or all that can be caught) is nature and breeding pokeballs down without a ditto. Using a synchronizer catch a bunch of cloysters (the females in the pokeball you want to pass down) and check their stats with the man in the Kiloude City Pokemon Center. Do this until you end up with a pokemon with 3 perfect IVs and another with 2 other perfect IVs. These are now the 5 IVs we can easily pass down. Assuming you want these 5 stats, (ie: if you are making a special attacker you might want to keep catching until you get the missing stat instead of Attack) you can now just give an everstone to one of the parents with the right nature and a destiny knot to the other and you will be breeding 3-5 passed down IV pokemon every time.Now let's say you are breeding a mixed attacker or just want a pokemon with 6 perfect IVs for the hell of it. Well what you can do is breed until you get eggs with better IVs than the parents and switch them out with the parents. ie: 4 stats perfect male egg; switch the 2 stat perfect male parent with this. Do this until you have both parents with 5 perfect IVs and you now have the highest chance possible of obtaining an egg with 6 perfect IVs (before actually having 6 perfect IV parents). If you want to keep breeding for trades, you can then just switch out the parents with 6 perfect IV pokemon and you'll have a perfect IV factory.There are a few things to keep in mind though. If you are not using the safari and have random IVs, a ditto with perfect IVs in some stats is the best method of injecting stats (using power items) since it can be used for any pokemon. But the general idea behind it all is to breed/catch until you get a pokemon with 1 new thing that you like and add it to the mix. This will eventually get you to the point where you have what you want. Egg move pokemon will take more time though. And another thing to keep in mind is that some pokemon like Honedge (generally) should have 0 speed instead of 31, because their builds are based around being slow rather than fast. So 31 isn't always "perfect".I know this is a lot of information so feel free to ask and let me know if anything is wrong or not clear. I am not a good writer by any means so I'm sure I could've done this better (which is why I refrained until now) but there are too many guides out there that don't teach the reader but just tell the readers what to do.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comment...ing_guide/

ANswer for Questoion is is Just hatch them 5 at a time and make shure you have a pokemon with FlameBody
(Nov 26, 2016, 12:17 AM)Jirachi Wrote: I am not a good writer by any means so I'm sure I could've done this better (which is why I refrained until now) but there are too many guides out there that don't teach the reader but just tell the readers what to do.
That was great, give yourself more credit.

I have a question or want confirmation on this- getting the egg moves, nature and the IVs right.

For example, I want an Adamant Charmander that knows Outrage which he can learn when bred with the Dragonite line. First I gotta make a perfect IV charmander female, give it the destiny knot, put it with a male Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite with Adamant nature holding the Everstone and keep poppin' babies till I get the nature and IVs, since all babies will have the egg moves. Right?

Now let's say I get my Adamant perfect IV Charmander(s) with Outrage, but I want it to have another egg move(say Metal Claw, which it learns when bred with the Aggron line). What do I do? If I put my female, perfect nature/IVs outrage knowing Charmander with an Aggron, the baby will know Metal Claw but not Outrage anymore.