Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Start of shiny hunting
Hey! I am just getting into shiny hunting what should I do? Where is a good spot or what is a good and easy method for me to do I'll update the thread with everyone of the shinies I catch.
Well, it depends on the game you have!! If you have XY you can pokeradar on route 7 (you can look for rules and tutorials on how to work pokeradar, but it's pretty simple!) or chain fish for pokemon on route 12! 

If you have ORAS you can horde hunt in the fiery path for numel/grimer/slugma and more, horde hunting is probably one of the easiest shiny hunting methods because it's pretty much pure luck and doesn't take a chain to get a shiny! Or you can soft reset the legendaries that are in-game!

It'll definitely help you to look up "shiny hunting guides" or "good places to shiny hunt in [INSERT GAME HERE]" to learn the best places to go, but those are a few of my favorite spots. ( ^ u ^ )7
Found a shiny? Talk about it here!!
(Oct 27, 2016, 12:09 PM)Hajja_Mewt Wrote: Hey! I am just getting into shiny hunting what should I do? Where is a good spot or what is a good and easy method for me to do I'll update the thread with everyone of the shinies I catch.

Well i like to use the Masuda Method Smile I think its the easiest and in my opinion the most fun
Money cannot buy happiness, but somehow, it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes Benz than a bicycle.

Previously Known as MistressGlaceon

uwu i can hacku
Thanks alot for the info now that I think about it I should of put the game Im on (oras).
Quick question shiny vespiquen (sorry if I misspelled it) is really rare cause you need a female right?
Then you can do a LOT of shiny hunting there! There's dexnaving (kind of like pokeradar but WAY easier and is a little more luck-based), horde hunting (SUPER easy), masuda method (as mistress said it's also pretty easy), soft resetting for legendaries (easy, also luck-based but VERY time consuming), chain fishing (medium-difficulty, requires attention to catch the fish lol)

You can look up a video on all the shiny methods/areas in pokemon ORAS or on a specific one you want to do! I personally prefer horde hunting in ORAS and soft resetting, because I like to also do chain fishing or horde hunting on XY at the same time XD

EDIT: Yep! You need a FEMALE combee to get a vespiquen (but I don't think you can get combee OR vespiqueen in ORAS?)!
(Oct 27, 2016, 12:20 PM)Confide Wrote: Then you can do a LOT of shiny hunting there! There's dexnaving (kind of like pokeradar but WAY easier and is a little more luck-based), horde hunting (SUPER easy), masuda method (as mistress said it's also pretty easy), soft resetting for legendaries (easy, also luck-based but VERY time consuming), chain fishing (medium-difficulty, requires attention to catch the fish lol)

You can look up a video on all the shiny methods/areas in pokemon ORAS or on a specific one you want to do! I personally prefer horde hunting in ORAS and soft resetting, because I like to also do chain fishing or horde hunting on XY at the same time XD

EDIT: Yep! You need a FEMALE combee to get a vespiquen!

Ok cool I will try out horde hunting and I have vespiuen shiny (which I'm a big fan of). I'm being offered a shiny Suicune for it is that a fair trade?
I mean, it all comes down to if you want the suicune or not! Shiny suicune is pretty rare, and you can always find a friend safari in XY (if you have those games) with a combee in it (or hunt for the shiny in other gens), but you can also soft reset for suicune in ORAS if you haven't already captured it! I mean a shiny regular pokemon would be a good trade for a shiny LEGENDARY, but it's up to if you want to give away your vespiquen for a shiny legendary or not!
Ok cool I am a big fan of Suicune so I'll do the trade +1 rep btw