8 80.00%
No I don't think it will
20.00%
2 20.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Sun and Moon Mega evolutions
I have been searching YouTube for possible new mega evolutions but the sad thing is I don't thing they will come in Sun and Moon. If you think back to X and Y, professor Sycamore says to you, "why have there only been mega evolutions in the Kalos region." Maybe we got them in ORAS because he meant gen. 6. There was less Pokemon probably because of the mega evolutions. We have seen a lot of Pokemon revealed. So if you ask me I don't think we will be able to mega evolve in Alola. I do think we will get a new type of evolution but I don't think it will be synchro evolution. I wanted to ask you do you think it will happen and please vote on the poll.
I think they cant get rid of mega evolutions for 2 reasons:

the story: it was a huge part of XY and ORAS

competitive: mega evolutions are so huge for competitive, getting rid of them would be weird
I'm sure we are still going to have mega evolution, but they focused on it A LOT for the last generation, so maybe they aren't throwing new megas at us so we can focus more on the NEW aspects of the game. Honestly wouldn't mind if they just kept the mega evolutions a secret and surprised us in-game lol 
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." - Karen of the John Elite 4
Yeah, it would be nice if they added a few new megas but never announced them.
It looks like synchro-evolution is going to make a debut in Sun & Moon for some other Pokémon, so it seems like megas still have a part to play in the games.
What's more, if Kalos makes a return post-game, it would make no sense at all to get rid of megas.
Why would Kalos be the post game. First of all they are really far apart on the map but Kano and job to were right next to eachother. Second there is no proof. Third why would synchro even happen. It happened in the anime with ash because there was a such strong bond. There wasn't any major appearance difference between ash-greninja and greninja except for the hat maybe you will be able to put hats on Pokemon or something.
yay, the anime is not "official", at least when we talk about the game. As an example, the orange islands don't exist in game. Besides, the strong bond is already the concept of mega evolution.
Actually there are a lot of hints that this could happen. Many Pokétubers have made videos mentioning that Kalos might return in Sun & Moon. I'll share the link to the best video I found if I find it again. Of course, this is just speculation but I think there are solid clues.

First of all, XY were clearly "mirror" versions to Red/Blue (same color scheme, early game forest with very similar map, Kanto legendaries...). Second, the sun and the moon are associated with gold and silver respectively. In Gold/Silver, Ho-oh and Lugia were associated with the sun and the moon respectively. Third, the many Zygarde forms being introduced in Sun/Moon, despite it being a Kalos native. Fourth, the Hoopa factor. I'm just naming a few but there are other hints as well. Since Kanto returned in Gold/Silver, Kalos might return in the "mirror" versions of Gen2.

Regarding Synchro-evolution it's also speculation. However, as far as I know, mechanics that were introduced in the anime were introduced in the games as well (eggs, Johto balls, contests...). Many Pokémon can't mega-evolve, it would make sense that their strong bond with their trainer might unlock some extra potential without them mega-evolving. The player characters in Sun/Moon wear bracelets, similar to XY player characters, but those have diamond-shaped stones. Also the latest CoroCoro magazine mentioned the Gen7 starters and Rockruff held some kind of secret.

It's too early to say for sure that Kalos and Synchro-evolution are going to be in Sun & Moon, but it is possible.