Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Help Trade egg became shiny
So i was in a stream and someone wanted an egg so i was nice enough to give them an honedge egg because i had been breeding for a while (300 eggs at least) so i asked him if it became shiny to please trade it back, then he screamed in the chat that he got a shiny so i asked him to trade it back but he refused. Does anyone know what is should do.
I would tell the streamer about what he did. Maybe write down his friend code so you know not to trade with him again.
The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.
(Jan 27, 2016, 09:55 PM)Shadow5partan72 Wrote: So i was in a stream and someone wanted an egg so i was nice enough to give them an honedge egg because i had been breeding for a while (300 eggs at least) so i asked him if it became shiny to please trade it back, then he screamed in the chat that he got a shiny so i asked him to trade it back but he refused. Does anyone know what is should do.

Well there is nothing you can do.
And in my experience even if you had kept the egg and hatched it yourself there was a 99,9% chance it wouldn't be shiny.
Every save has a 6 digit(i think it's 6) code that determines your true player id. as well as pokemon ownage and shiny chance. if the egg code matches your code it will be a shiny. the person just got lucky it was his code in the egg.

please correct me if i'm wrong.
I always thought that once the egg was given to you, it was determined then and there.
The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.
(Jan 27, 2016, 10:13 PM)gobrou Wrote:
(Jan 27, 2016, 09:55 PM)Shadow5partan72 Wrote: So i was in a stream and someone wanted an egg so i was nice enough to give them an honedge egg because i had been breeding for a while (300 eggs at least) so i asked him if it became shiny to please trade it back, then he screamed in the chat that he got a shiny so i asked him to trade it back but he refused. Does anyone know what is should do.

Well there is nothing you can do.
And in my experience even if you had kept the egg and hatched it yourself there was a 99,9% chance it wouldn't be shiny.
Every save has a 6 digit(i think it's 6) code that determines your true player id. as well as pokemon ownage and shiny chance. if the egg code matches your code it will be a shiny. the person just got lucky it was his code in the egg.

please correct me if i'm wrong.

Thanks that makes me feel alot better
Well when i spent some time on 4chan i saw this method and it works. you need a power save to know your code and the egg's tho.
I also learned that if you don't get a egg when they're laid and just keep walking the egg is traded for a new one.

but i might be wrong.
edit:
but, here's a reedit thread explaining what i said:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comment...s_and_the/