Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Useful Homebrew/CFW Apps
Lightbulb 
I've been using homebrew for a few months now and love the amount of really useful apps that are available!
I did end up getting sick of the screen freezing that would sometimes happen and eventually upgraded to Luma CFW about a month ago.
So, I thought it would be helpful to see what apps users on this site would recommend Smile

Currently I'm using:

JKSM as a save manager for 3ds games and to set the play coin amount .cia (Cfw) and .3dsx (Homebrew)
FTPD for transferring files .cia and .3dsx
PKSM as an on 3ds alternative to pkhex with bult in pokebank (not as good as pkhex but sill an incredibly handy app) .cia and .3dsx
TWLSaveTool as a save manager for nds games (eg. gen 4-5 pokemon games) .cia and .3dsx
NTR CFW to lower screen brightness and blue light for night time gaming .cia only
PHBankGB as a pokebank alternative for gen 1 games only .cia only

Please no mention of "that E-Shop clone" or any sort of piracy!!!
Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!
Can the PKSM be used as an alternative to pokebank? And could you elaborate a little more on PKSM pls ?
@Brockahly pksm is essentially pkhex without the legality checker, and with a pokebank! The pokebank has 150 boxes (I think you can add more), and you can even transfer Pokémon back to 6th gen games from 7th gen games (obviously this won't work with 7th gen Pokémon)!
You can also inject event wonder cards into gen4 - 7 games (you can only gen Pokémon and use the bank in gen 6&7 games though)
It gets regularly updated, about 2 or 3 times a month, aswell.
You should check out the github page for more info!
Tbh it's not a complete replacement for pkhex at the moment, it potentially could be, but it's great for quick cloning, getting past events you missed, and obviously gening mons Smile
@stephenWITNESS  I might definitely have to check it out, have you got a link for the download?
https://github.com/BernardoGiordano/PKSM/releases

@Brockahly Here you go Smile
If you're on homebrew just download the 'pksm.zip' file and extract it.
Then you just need to copy the folder called PKSM inside the 3ds folder into the 3ds folder on your sd card and you should be good to go!
@stephenWITNESS thanks buddy!