Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Whats your thoughts on Sun and Moon?
Cool and refreshing game. I'm still trying to get used to things like Poke Pelago and Festival Plaza.

+ Interesting storyline.
+ Fun trials, almost every trial is different (ghost and fire ones lmao)
+ Over 400 obtainable Pokémons
+ Trainer customisation is back!
+ No more HMs although I don't like how the riding looks. (saddles and outfit)
+ Festival Plaza missions are fun
+ I love the 5th gen exp system. With the Exp Share since X and Y, games were too easy.

- I think NPCs should have more Pokemons, seriously it's always 6 vs 2 or 6 vs 3.
- Team Skull are bad battlers
- New Pokémons are slow
- Lillie is annoying!
- Too many cutscenes.
- Can't put a dime under my Circle Pad and bike in circles to hatch eggs.
- Hard to find friends for the first time in Festival Plaza

Overall I give the game a 9/10. I really enjoyed it except for some really minor details. Hard to tell if it's my favourite Pokemon game yet since I played all of them, but I had a lot of fun playing it.
There are some Sun and Moon concepts that are unique and I personally like it!
About the Festival Plaza... meh, it is very similar to join ave. in gen 5 but nonetheless, it's good.

And also I think it's a little too much. I mean, we have Mega forms, then the Primals. Now Z-Moves, Alola forms and the ultra beasts...

Last thing, I hate this SOS thing, it's very annoying. lol
I really miss some of the features from ORAS; mainly DexNav and Horde battles. Also, the lack of National Pokedex; hopefully that's added in around the time Pokemon Bank gets its compatibility update. Also, all the extra legendaries you could catch in ORAS. Is that mainly a remake thing? I just jumped back into the games recently.

But overall, SuMo was a very enjoyable game.
(Nov 22, 2016, 01:05 AM)Peds Wrote: There are some Sun and Moon concepts that are unique and I personally like it!
About the Festival Plaza... meh, it is very similar to join ave. in gen 5 but nonetheless, it's good.

And also I think it's a little too much. I mean, we have Mega forms, then the Primals. Now Z-Moves, Alola forms and the ultra beasts...

Last thing, I hate this SOS thing, it's very annoying. lol

Agree about the SOS thing. When just trying to catch random Pokemon it became pretty frustrating. It should be a rare occurance that is boosted with an item.

Also the Festival Plaza and Pelago seem really tedious so far. Something you have to keep babysitting to get rewards from it.

I really didn't utilize the Z-Moves much at all. I wish they would have stuck with the Mega forms and just added more onto that system. There's always the bloat of the different systems that need support in future games, now there's just another handful of Z stones that'll get tossed at you somewhere in new games.
Even tho this time took me a little longer to complete the storyline, i think they rushed the end and i wish there were more islands, and still looking for an easy path to hatch eggs. Otherwise i really love this game!
I loooooooove the improved CPU, adds realism to the gameplay
THE GOOD:
-Story
-No more boring "come and go" gyms
-Poke Ride! I hate having to sacrifice one move slot for each pokemon just for HMs
-Pokemon Refresh made me feel closer to my pokemon, they deserve a treat and a pat on the head after a hard battle
-No more Deposit/Withdraw menu when opening PC.
-You can switch in your newly caught pokemon to your full team without going to the PC
-Less water
-Catchy Music

THE BAD:
-NPCs usually have 1-2 pokemon. Like, really? If there are no totem battles then this game would be easier compared to XY
-Pokemon plaza missions are fun but gets repetitive easily

THE UGLY:
-Some pokemon designs. Feels like GF's losing ideas or something.
(Nov 23, 2016, 07:44 AM)jamboyrph Wrote: THE UGLY:
-Some pokemon designs. Feels like GF's losing ideas or something.

While i agree some of the design's aren't the prettiest, they're arent necessarily bad, alot of people tend to look at a pokemon that may look silly and think GF is running out of ideas, but when you take a closer look, you can see how much time and though they put into some of these pokemon design, for example Bruxish (which i agree is super ugly) is based of a fish native to Hawaii, it even has the creepy lips and teeth
[Image: b777d3fa1758b8998c142d5c03506b7f.jpg]

Now dont get me wrong, some designs from GF have been kinda lazy i.e. Vaniluxe and Klinklang (even though Klinklang is in my top 10 favorite pokemon), i just feel we need to give GF more credit because they do an amazing job with lore and backstore to back up their designs
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~