Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Wonder Trade
I'm basically just wondering, anyone here a fan of WT? (Besides me)
I've definitely got shinies in WT before, have you? (I have a ton in S/M)

You can pretty much talk about Wonder Trade here. If you talk about WT at all.

Also, do you like WT at all? I'm going to ramble on, so I'll stop.

So if you WT, you can talk about it here. If anyone posts here.
Smile  Ok, now I'll stop  Tongue
as my first pokemon game since Emerald, I was ECSTATIC to get my Shiny luxray and shiny meloetta from WT. Only personal shiny was an exeggutor
@Dimmsdale shiny Luray and Shiny Melloetta are very good to get, i once got a shiny Arceus, and blah blah blah, all shinies are cool in a way.

P.S.  if you are looking to get some more shinies, go to twitch and see if they got some WT streams, I would go to AuSLove, but he usually does WTs on Sunday and Wendsday
@TimeTwist My technique so far has been to do it on "wondertrade wednesday". I have limited data on my internet so im not able to watch streams for that extra advantage.
My first wonder trade on Pokemon Sun and Moon was a shiny Popplio. I didn't realize it was shiny until I evolved it though haha. I don't usually wonder trade that much, but I've had decent luck recently.
Hey Twist!

So I have mixed feelings about WT. I like the fact that you can use it to be a nice person and give away things you bred for that didn't fit YOUR needs, but might make someone else's day (I remember seeing a message on a different forum when XY came out about someone who got one of the near Perfect HA Eevee's I bred trying to get a Shiny and how they were so thankful to whomever WT'd it), but on the flip side I feel like it's too oversaturated with begining route Pokemon like Yungoos and Pikipek in SM, while it's oversaturated with starting route Pokemon in XY/ORAS as well. It's pretty clear that the intended use of it was to randomly trade one of your Pokemon to someone you have never met and are almost 100% not likely to meet again, and just hope for the best, but people abuse it by catching a lot of early route Pokemon and sending them away to get much later game Pokemon from people that just happen to be trading them.

If it had some type of setting to allow you to only WT with people that have beat all the Gyms or E4, and even then the Pokemon had to be either above a certain level or hatched from an egg, then I could see it being much more useful and fun. That's not to say though, that I wouldn't want WT to still have it's mysteries or not allow people to start WTing as soon as they have the option. It would just be a setting to allow people that are looking to complete dexes and not just get a Magikarp or Yungoos for 2-3 boxes. Once they get what they're looking for, or decide they don't want to keep doing WT's with people looking for similar things, they could just turn the settings back to default and make someone's day.

But that's only my opinion. Other than that I've actually gotten some pretty lucky trades from WT, including different region female/male starters for SM, some HA Vulpix, and on a couple of occasions I got some Moon exclusive UB's in Sun! So yeah, like I said, mixed feelings about it :D
@Cloud557 heya Cloud, seems that you're on so I'll tell ya a question: Have you ever gotten a shiny in WT before?

I know your post was like 7 hours ago, but I'm just wondering!  Tongue
@TimeTwist No worries on how long ago I posted, you're more than welcome to respond to me even when I'm not online after all XD

To answer your question, yes I have. I actually got a couple of them. Back in XY I got a Shiny Gothitelle and I didn't even realize that it was a Shiny until I went to send it off on another WT... I promptly kept it because duh XD And in SM, I got what I would assume is a hacked Shiny Jangmo-o, because it had a Golden Bottle Cap on it and last I checked that was only available via an event in Japan that never made it to the states, and hacking... Soooo yeah XD