Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] pokemon companian application
Lightbulb 
I have been working on a pokemon application for desktop that displays basic info of a pokemon, and will soon be updating it to include a shiny counter and moveset creator. This app will likely be offline so once I get it built it could be ported to ios, android, and windows phone for portability. I am curious if this is something this community would like and if it would be utilized. I want to make it better and more useful that the garbage pokemon companions on the app store at the moment and want it to be a all-in-one package for convenience. Feedback and suggestions would be appreciated and very helpful.
That sounds amazing! If you ever create it into an app please let me know, most of the apps I find aren't that great when it comes to info and movesets. The shiny counter would help as well :D
I want it to be able to save custom movesets and import/export to the format used in smogon and pokemon showdown.
What program language  are you using? I made a shiny counter if you wanna implement it
Right now it is in java but I am trying to find a better option for the gui because java has no good graphics libraries
@spr3n1x glad to see I'm not the only make making Pokemon utils in Java! If you want a getter GUI library, try using C# with its .NET integration
You can find me on YouTube, Steam, and Twitter if you need to
ill look into it, I have heard c# is not much different than java so it shouldn't be hard
Update: just got the move effectiveness calculation done, now able to check the type effectiveness on a single move against any pokemon.