Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Dragon Quest IX
Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies was one of my favorite games for DS, despite how all of the monster and some people had goofy names (seriously, there was a cucumber monster called a Cruelcumber). I loved how you could customize and design all four of your party members and change their classes. I also remember really enjoying the story and making my own items through alchemy rather than pay for the overpriced weapons and armor at the shops. Although the game was rather simple in design, I still like it a lot. Did anyone play it?
I have not played that one, but you can not really go wrong with any DQ game!
If I had a DS, this is a game I would of picked up. I don't know of it was this exact Dragon Quest game but in the UK, Jedward were the ones who were in the TV commercial :P
(Nov 17, 2014, 05:40 PM)Nathan Wrote: If I had a DS, this is a game I would of picked up. I don't know of it was this exact Dragon Quest game but in the UK, Jedward were the ones who were in the TV commercial :P

Yup, that's this one
Oh my goodness I spent hundreds of hours in DQ9 just because it is so fun and all the classes have different advantages.
(Nov 17, 2014, 06:16 PM)Walken124 Wrote: Oh my goodness I spent hundreds of hours in DQ9 just because it is so fun and all the classes have different advantages.

I always ended up switching between classes because I could never make up my mind! I always had a priest and a Mage with me, but my minstrel was always changing along with another character who switched too many times to count!
I'm still having a lot of trouble with the legacy bosses, I can't beat Zoma, Malroth, Mortamor, Rhapthorne, or Nokturnus even at level 1... and I barely beat Psaro level 1 with only my main character alive.  Undecided