Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Easiest shiny hunting method (opinions count)
So guys, I'm an amateur shiny hunter, and I've only ever caught one shiny (shiny Octillery.) So I wanna catch even MOAR shinies but I don't know where to start. When you post, please state if using shiny charm or not, because I don't have the shiny charm. Thanks!  :P
Life only happens once. Make the most out of it.

I main Tracer for some reason...
My Friend Safari is Flying with Pidgey, Fletchiender and Swanna. Feel free to add me!

Also, my name is Hayden... Why am I Johnnyspyguy?
(Feb 29, 2016, 05:45 PM)Johnnyspyguy Wrote: So guys, I'm an amateur shiny hunter, and I've only ever caught one shiny (shiny Octillery.) So I wanna catch even MOAR shinies but I don't know where to start. When you post, please state if using shiny charm or not, because I don't have the shiny charm. Thanks!  :P

pokenav chaining is pretty easy, ive caught 2 shiny Bunnearies that way.

Also, how many pokemon are you missing for a shiny charm?
Using the Friend Safari in XY is probably the easiest. All you do is encounter pokemon, and then run away when you don't find a shiny, then rinse and repeat until you do. The shiny charm DOES NOT work in friend safari, making your odds only 512!
(Feb 29, 2016, 05:48 PM)Vexian Wrote:
(Feb 29, 2016, 05:45 PM)Johnnyspyguy Wrote: So guys, I'm an amateur shiny hunter, and I've only ever caught one shiny (shiny Octillery.) So I wanna catch even MOAR shinies but I don't know where to start. When you post, please state if using shiny charm or not, because I don't have the shiny charm. Thanks!  :P

pokenav chaining is pretty easy, ive caught 2 shiny Bunnearies that way.

Also, how many pokemon are you missing for a shiny charm?

Im about halfway done the Pokedex, give or take a few. 
Life only happens once. Make the most out of it.

I main Tracer for some reason...
My Friend Safari is Flying with Pidgey, Fletchiender and Swanna. Feel free to add me!

Also, my name is Hayden... Why am I Johnnyspyguy?
Pokenav chaining and lots, LOTS of patience. Ask anyone on here, shiny hunting is no easy task, but the reward of getting one is super satisfying. Its more satisfying than seeing Leo get an Oscar. Like I said, PokeNav chaining is the best way to go. The way I do it is using Level 100 Pokemon, having a lot of Max Repels, and then marching on. I am still shiny hunting to this day, my goal is to catch a shiny Absol, and I have been working on getting it since December. Hope this helps you on your journey to catch a shiny
Pokemon trainer since 2004!
(Mar 1, 2016, 06:17 AM)pritchman227 Wrote: I am still shiny hunting to this day, my goal is to catch a shiny Absol, and I have been working on getting it since December. Hope this helps you on your journey to catch a shiny

Dat tall grass tho
(Mar 1, 2016, 07:04 AM)Vexian Wrote:
(Mar 1, 2016, 06:17 AM)pritchman227 Wrote: I am still shiny hunting to this day, my goal is to catch a shiny Absol, and I have been working on getting it since December. Hope this helps you on your journey to catch a shiny

Dat tall grass tho

Ikr. My eyes are slowly starting to not tell lol. Is that bad?
Pokemon trainer since 2004!
Chain fishing is the easiest.