Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Echoed Voice vs Powerup Punch
So I'm doing a play-through of ORAS with only a mudkip and a tm slave. I super trained my mudkip in Attack & Speed. I grabbed Echoed voice earlier and just reached Mauvil city. Now I have the chance to get Bulldoze and Power-Up Punch.

Should I remove Echoed Voice for Power-Up Punch or keep them both? My Mudkip is now a level 30 Mashop. So I might get Earthquake negating the other two anyway.

Thoughts?
If you super trained in Attack, I would replace Echoed Voice for Power-Up Punch.
The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.
Power-up punch hands down. Nobody uses echoed voice
Life only happens once. Make the most out of it.

I main Tracer for some reason...
My Friend Safari is Flying with Pidgey, Fletchiender and Swanna. Feel free to add me!

Also, my name is Hayden... Why am I Johnnyspyguy?
@Johnnyspyguy Speedrunners use Echoed Voice on Mudkip.
(Jun 10, 2016, 12:31 PM)Excalibur0126 Wrote: @Johnnyspyguy Speedrunners use Echoed Voice on Mudkip.

^ This is why I ask.

Also Echoed Voice doesn't seem to say how it gets stronger. I've just assume it doubles in power each use up to 200 power. Can anyone confirm this? If this is the case in 3 or more turns it would pass up Power-Up Punch?
Bulbapedia Wrote:Echoed Voice deals damage. Its base power increases by 40 each consecutive turn it is used but reaches a maximum power at 200. However, the power will not increase during a round and will only increase once per round (regardless of how many Pokémon used it). The base power of Echoed Voice does not reset upon reaching its maximum. When failing, the base power will still increase as long as the move is executed, such as when it misses or is prevented by Protect. Pokémon with the Ability Soundproof are not affected by this move. In generation VI, Substitute no longer protects against this move.

The biggest difference between Echoed Voice and Power-Up Punch is that the first uses Special Attack and the latter uses Attack. If you have greater Attack, go with Power-Up Punch. If you have greater Special Attack, go with Echoed Voice.
@Excalibur0126 They do!? Mind blown!
Life only happens once. Make the most out of it.

I main Tracer for some reason...
My Friend Safari is Flying with Pidgey, Fletchiender and Swanna. Feel free to add me!

Also, my name is Hayden... Why am I Johnnyspyguy?