Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[FUN] Help making a competitive team for a custom type tournament
Hey all. I'm hosting a type tournament and was wondering if you could give me some advice. I've been given ice and flying as my types. The rules state I can use any pokemon that has ice or flying in their typing. ALL pokemon are allowed from current and previous gens but legendary pokemon are banned (this includes tapus and ultra beasts).

The format is doubles and no duplicate items can be used.

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. I have been working with a few teams now but have had limited success. Here is what I've come up with so far:

Alola Ninetales @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 HP / 0 Atk / 0 Def / 252 SpA / 0 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid nature
- Blizzard
- Icy Wind
- Aurora Veil
- Protect

Usually starts. I use Ninetales to setup hail and get Aurora Veil. After it's been set I try and weigh my options regarding speed reduction with Icy Wind or damage with Blizzard.

Aerodactyl @ (not too sure what item I want here..maybe Safety Goggles to protect from Hail?)
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 0 Def / SpA / 0 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly nature
- Sky Drop
- Rock Slide
- Taunt
- Protect

My taunt user...Taunt is my answer to Trick Room since my team focuses on faster pokemon than slower pokemon. However, while I love Aerodactyl he is a bit weak and can potentially get blasted down quickly. It's a big concern. If anyone has a suggestion about what to do with him, that'd be great.

Mamoswine @ Assault Vest
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 0 Def / SpA / 4 SpD / 0 Spe
Adamant nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

I LOVE Mamoswine. He's just a personal favorite of mine. He's a bit more bulky than the others and can hold his own with Assault Vest. If this Pokemon could stay on the team, I'd really be pleased.

That's all I have so far. Others have been used to varying success...but nothing in satisfied with.

I'm trying to make as competitive a team I can given my types, however if this is the wrong form to be posting in, I sincerely apologize. I don't post here often and I wasn't quite sure which forum would be most appropriate.

Thank you all for your time.