Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[FUN] Wonder Trading To Victory!! - Wonder Battles
Wonder Trade Battles!!!

So, after 1 week I received 8 yes votes and 0 no votes for starting a wonder battle thread so let's get this started! This is a format of battles where anything could be involved, from a freshly hatched magikarp to a Battle Bonded Greninja. Anyone can participate so feel welcome to join in, experience is definitely not required!

[Image: victini_trade.jpg]

Participation is simple, if you want to have a battle, Issue a post challenge on this thread and wait for your rival to arrive, don't forget we have a discord where you can meet to connect and battle as after the challenge is declared you can communicate much quicker there. For an explanation as to 'what is wonder battling?' This explanation should suffice: The wonder battle is a format of battling whereby trainers wondertrade 6 Pokémon and use the recieved Pokémon from these trades as their battle team. Overall wonder battling is simple yet highly unpredictable so you don't need to be a big fan of competitive battling knowing all of the current strategies in order to participate, making this great for players new to competitive battling!  Big Grin  

The Rules:
  1. You must use the first 6 Pokémon you receive (even if you get a magikarp!)
  2. You may not use legendaries or mythical Pokémon obtained in battle (Trade for another Pokémon)
  3. You may not have 2 of the same species of Pokémon, re-trade as necessary
  4. No EV training, changing moves or changing held items
  5. Levels must be set to 50
  6. The battle mode should be set to Singles Battle
  7. You must use a new team for every ranked battle (friendly rematches are fine)
Rankings:

Although this is not meant to be majorly competitive due to the random nature of wonder trades I am proposing to keep a record of win percentages on the thread. To have your matches added to the ranking one user must upload a replay of the battle video and post the code for the battle replay on this thread. For those of you unfamiliar with uploading battle videos, here is a link to a YouTube tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrMLxGJDnzQ.

Once the ranking pick up I will use the post below to show the top trainers for the month as well as long term ranks and hopefully in the near future I will be able to introduce prizes for those who reach the top rank!

Well, that's all from me for now. Good luck and may your trades bring you Victini Victory !!!

Current Records (In alphabetical order):

Agent Gabriel   - Matches 1 - Wins 1 - Win Rate 100%
Black Waterfall - Matches 3 - Wins 1 - Win Rate 33.3%
Tenebris_Kane - Matches 4 - Wins 2 - Win Rate 50%

I would like to participate but I'm not sure if I can upload a replay of the battle video, I never tried it.

I'll check the tutorial later when I have more free time.
 ~ Always ready to fire up the party! ~ 
@Black Waterfall 

It is realy simple since it is pretty much just going into the plaza's castle, speaking to the woman there and selecting which video to make public out of your saved replays. I find it is a really fun battle style as it is really unpredictable leaving those with little battle knowledge i.e me with a good chance of winning  Tongue

(Feb 11, 2018, 06:38 AM)Tenebris_Kane Wrote: It is realy simple since it is pretty much just going into the plaza's castle, speaking to the woman there and selecting which video to make public out of your saved replays. I find it is a really fun battle style as it is really unpredictable leaving those with little battle knowledge i.e me with a good chance of winning  Tongue

@Tenebris_Kane It is no doubt fun and I want to try it! Cool

I just hope I don't get any Water-type mons...
@Black Waterfall 

I got the email preview of your message and figured 'cool, someone to battle' It didn't show that end bit, now I am insulted...

(Feb 11, 2018, 07:41 AM)Tenebris_Kane Wrote: @Black Waterfall 

I got the email preview of your message and figured 'cool, someone to battle' It didn't show that end bit, now I am insulted...

@Tenebris_Kane Of course I'll be happy to battle you!

Insulted, why? Sad (By the way, that was just a joke about the Water-type mons, since I specialize in Fire-types)
@Black Waterfall

Just tell me when you want to battle  Tongue
Squirtle is still a great Pokémon along with all of it's water type pals 

(Feb 11, 2018, 08:35 AM)Tenebris_Kane Wrote: Just tell me when you want to battle  Tongue
Squirtle is still a great Pokémon along with all of it's water type pals 

@Tenebris_Kane Unfortunately, it's a little bit late right now and I'm going to bed, but I hope you will have free time for a battle tomorrow?

Charmander will always be in my heart, but I can't say that you're not wrong! ;D
@Tenebris_Kane By the way, the Charizard vs Blastoise battle in the Johto League of the anime series was in my opinion one of the most badasses Pokemon battles ever!

Maybe we can have one battle like this some day? Big Grin