Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

First Shiny Ever!
Been playing pokemon all my life and only got my first shiny a few weeks ago in the safari. First time for everything I guess Smile
Lol my first shiny I caught was a ditto OK chained carteful with trying to catch your nown shinies because then you never want to trade them!
My first shiny was a Pidgey in Heart of Gold, it was also the first pokemon I trained to level 100
My first shiny was a Shinx in Diamond version after beating the elite four. It still stays in the box till this day..
My first shiny ever was a meditite in ORAS. I traded it away accedently...
A month after, I encountered a shiny Medicham! I caught it in my Master Ball and still have it!
I just caught a shiny Nidoran male while searching for a Nidoran female... salt in the wounds...
Congrats!

My first shiny I ever found was a Golduck in Pokemon White with full odds!

... I mean, I only found out I encountered a shiny Golduck when going through my Pokedex and I had the form logged in there meaning I actually RAN from it and didn't notice BUT STILL!
(Jul 17, 2016, 03:52 PM)ShinIori319 Wrote:
(Jul 17, 2016, 02:55 PM)Fooni Wrote: Nice! Chain Fishing is probably the easiest shiny method out there since it actually doesn't require you to kill them.
Keep trying! ^_^

@Fooni Actually, Horde hunting is much easier and more recommended for newbie shiny hunters, since if you miss the catch or don't get a bite when fishing, your chain is ruined.
With Horde hunting, in the other hand, you can attract them using Honeys or Sweet Scent, and if you don't get a Shiny, you can run away and try again.

which method is quicker ?
(Jul 21, 2016, 08:05 AM)Wolfcub1017 Wrote:
(Jul 17, 2016, 03:52 PM)ShinIori319 Wrote:
(Jul 17, 2016, 02:55 PM)Fooni Wrote: Nice! Chain Fishing is probably the easiest shiny method out there since it actually doesn't require you to kill them.
Keep trying! ^_^

@Fooni Actually, Horde hunting is much easier and more recommended for newbie shiny hunters, since if you miss the catch or don't get a bite when fishing, your chain is ruined.
With Horde hunting, in the other hand, you can attract them using Honeys or Sweet Scent, and if you don't get a Shiny, you can run away and try again.

which method is quicker ?

@Wolfcub1017 Fastest method IMO is the Poké Radar, but it's one of the hardest methods out there. Shiny Charm does NOT increase the odds.

Then follows Chain fishing which, like I mentioned before, if you don't get a bite or press A too soon or too late, your chain is over. A Pokémon with Sticky Hold or Suction Cups leading your party is recommended.

Easiest method to get them is Horde hunting, but it might take a bit until a Shiny appears. Having the Shiny Charm is not mandatory, but it's highly recommended for higher odds.
My first shiny was a ponyta in platinum, which I then accidently killed trying to ccatch... haunts me to this day