Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[GIVEAWAY] Shinies for ALL! (Update)
(Mar 1, 2017, 08:47 PM)jhey-zone-bee Wrote:
(Mar 1, 2017, 08:44 PM)Zhakien Wrote: Enjoy your golden splashy fish!

i kinda envious..ive hatced 10 boxes of magikarp and i never got one...and most people said magikarp was the easiest...

Magikarp is the easiest to HATCH. It takes the least amount of steps to hatch a Magikarp egg.

When it comes to getting a shiny from an egg, your chances increase if you are using parents from two different countries.

Example: JPN Magikarp and a USA Magikarp.

Your chances also increase if you have the shiny charm from completing your Alola Pokedex.

It can still take a very long time and numerous boxes of eggs to hatch a shiny on your own game tho. Even with your best chances as of gen 7 your odds are 1 in about 700 eggs.

That's why I use the TSV/ESV method. Basicly you get a box of eggs, check their ESVs and then you just need to find someone with a TSV matching one of the ESVs to hatch that egg for you.
Prof. Z at your service!
TSV: 2377(S), 2577(M), 3639(M2)
(Mar 1, 2017, 08:57 PM)Zhakien Wrote:
(Mar 1, 2017, 08:47 PM)jhey-zone-bee Wrote:
(Mar 1, 2017, 08:44 PM)Zhakien Wrote: Enjoy your golden splashy fish!

i kinda envious..ive hatced 10 boxes of magikarp and i never got one...and most people said magikarp was the easiest...

Magikarp is the easiest to HATCH. It takes the least amount of steps to hatch a Magikarp egg.

When it comes to getting a shiny from an egg, your chances increase if you are using parents from two different countries.

Example: JPN Magikarp and a USA Magikarp.

Your chances also increase if you have the shiny charm from completing your Alola Pokedex.

It can still take a very long time and numerous boxes of eggs to hatch a shiny on your own game tho. Even with your best chances as of gen 7 your odds are 1 in about 700 eggs.

That's why I use the TSV/ESV method. Basicly you get a box of eggs, check their ESVs and then you just need to find someone with a TSV matching one of the ESVs to hatch that egg for you.
yes..i do the masuda method and have a shiny charm....

but still no luck..

i was going to request for the magikarp, chansey or bewear at first....

but then i thought i will try the magikarp myself so i went for the bewear...now im in my 12 box...hahaha  still no luck
Just keep at it. It'll happen eventually. Out of the 70,000 or so eggs I've bred, I think I've hatched only.. 4 maybe 5 shinies so far.
Prof. Z at your service!
@Zhakien I am online now. Do you still have the litten?
@TheBadShinyHunter 
Yup. I've still got Litten for you.

What's your FC and IGN again? I ended up deleting some FCs lastnight to make room.
Prof. Z at your service!
@Zhakien  My IGN is Aaryan and my FC is 4785 - 5803 - 9791... It says that you are already registered as my friend though.
(Mar 1, 2017, 09:26 PM)TheBadShinyHunter Wrote: @Zhakien  My IGN is Aaryan and my FC is 4785 - 5803 - 9791... It says that you are already registered as my friend though.

Yeah, I still have you registered. I'm online now.
Prof. Z at your service!
@Zhakien Thanks a lot!
No problem. Enjoy!  :D
Prof. Z at your service!
(Mar 1, 2017, 07:51 PM)RedPotato Wrote: @Zhakien 

I know you mentioned (many, many posts ago) that this method didn't work with genderless pokemon. My understanding is that it does work, but you have to either reject the first egg produced or reject every odd egg (1st, 3rd, etc). Maybe I'm wrong, though, the egg swap method is the only legit shiny hunting method I haven't done yet, I've just read the guides.

Ok, so I just tested this with Beldum a few minutes ago and it actually did work. All I had to do was reject the first egg that the daycare lady tried to give me and after recieving the next egg, it hatched a shiny Beldum!

Thanks for the tip! Apparently this is how it works for Genderless, and only Male/Female pokemon.
Prof. Z at your service!