Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Giveaway Guidelines: How To Receive Free Pokemon
THREE GIVEAWAY GUIDELINES

Saddle up yer ponies, it's time to read some words. Don't worry, I won't make it too lengthy for you to read in between class, but this is something you'll need to know if you want to make the most out of your time in this section. Otherwise you may not make friends very fast.

1. READ THE RULES SET BY THE HOSTS. Giveaway hosts operate within their specific perameters only, and for a good reason. It is the easiest and fastest way to accomomate everyone who participates in these giveaways. Sometimes hosts require GTS, so do not request direct trades in that instance. By disregarding their rules, you are stealing time away from the hosts, and punishing other users who have done nothing wrong. Reading and obeying each individual giveaway's rules makes it possible for everybody to get what they want faster. Following this guideline benefits you and everyone around you.

2. NO REQUESTS OUTSIDE OF THE OFFER. The giveaway hosts will come to this forum with specific Pokemon to offer. They have spent valuable time generating these Pokemon for you, looking over natures, movesets, EVs, and more. They even consider the aesthetics of a shiny form vs a non-shiny form. By making requests that fall outside of the original offer, you are wasting your time and that of the host's. Accepting only what is given makes it easier on everyone to be satisfied with the giveaway. Following this guideline benefits you and everyone around you.

3. BE POLITE AND DO NOT COMPLAIN. There is a big demand placed upon some giveaway hosts to provide for all of the users who participate in their threads. Sometimes you will try to jump into a giveaway right when the host wishes to end or postpone it. Sometimes your GTS posting will be sniped by a random player. Sometimes you won't have the Pokemon which the giveaway host requires. These are all matters of happenstance, and it is not the fault of the hosts. Play nice, and everyone has a much better time on the forums. Following this guideline benefits you and everyone around you.

Thank you all for keeping to the rules, I wish you all the free Pokemon you could ever reasonably expect.
Can you h*ck me a Ditto?