Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

HELP Please
(Jul 20, 2016, 12:03 AM)Thekaratekid Wrote: I have been using smogon, but I think the real struggle I really have is the IV breeding not really understanding it well.

IV Breeding is hard to come by if you use two of the same pokemon species.
Further more IV's mostly comes from the Male, but everyone mostly chooses a Ditto since it can act as both gender.
You need Destiny Knots item and give to the Male pokemon or Ditto to hold it. After that, you just breed with a female pokemon. Desinty Knot's carries Two IV from the parent male or ditto automatically. So if you got Two IV on a male and Two IV on a female, giving the male Destiny Knot will most likely and automatically passed on Two of its IV to the child and since the female will almost always passed down traits, it will always give two of its IV too so your child may have perfect IV most of the time since there are only 5 Stats. Atk, Def, Spec. Atk, Spec. Def, Speed.
The last IV doesn't really need to be perfect since it depends on the playstyle of what you are going to do with it.
Like say i am going to make a strong Def Onix, if it ends up with a minus stats on Atk, Spec. Atk, Spec. Def, or Speed, i really don't mind right? As long as all other IV's are Perfect, it will be fine. 

If you breed the Ditto you caught in Pokemon Village and try to breed with the other Pokemon you caught in the same game...most likely they will not like each other. You need to get a Region Ditto which can be trade through the GTS.
You can trade with the online world now if you didn't know that. Region Ditto can be JPN, FRE, GER, ITAL, or SPAN.
GTS can be access through PSS 2nd page next to the Internet symbol and you have to go online.
Can sometimes get a Region Ditto from Wonder Trade, but thats just pure luck.

Anyway good luck on getting a perfect pokemon! Breeding isn't really that hard tbh its just time sinking and mostly everyone don't like it.
Yeah I am guessing everyone use the same method