Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[HELP!] Save Battery Problems :(
I just got Pokemon: Red Version for Gameboy and replaced the battery, BUT IT STILL WON'T SAVE! I have tried everything in the book, I tightened the contacts, cleaned the entire PCB VERY carefully, and used the right battery but nothing works! I have been told that the Memory Unit is fried and that the whole game is ruined and I fear that might be the case. PLEASE HELP!

P.S. the whole cartridge was full of "black dirt?" if that helps!

~JACK?
There's always RBY on the virtual console, unless you don't have a 2DS/3DS.
The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.
(Mar 10, 2016, 06:37 PM)Excalibur0126 Wrote: There's always RBY on the virtual console, unless you don't have a 2DS/3DS.

I am a Nintendo Collector and I really need this to work for my classic Gameboy shelf.
Well I'm not an expert with the old cartridges but if it was filled with black dirt, you can try blowing in the cartridge with an air pump in case you didn't clean it out enough. The only other problem I could imagine is you could have bought a faulty battery. If neither of these are your problems, then a new cartridge will probably be the best option.
The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.
(Mar 10, 2016, 06:54 PM)Excalibur0126 Wrote: Well I'm not an expert with the old cartridges but if it was filled with black dirt, you can try blowing in the cartridge with an air pump in case you didn't clean it out enough. The only other problem I could imagine is you could have bought a faulty battery. If neither of these are your problems, then a new cartridge will probably be the best option.

Thanks anyway, I am returning the Cart today. Sad kappa