Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Hacked Pokemon
I was Wonder Trading earlier today when I surprisingly got a shiny Cresselia. It seemed really odd to me to receive that sort of thing. So I was wondering... how do you tell whether or not a pokemon is hacked or not? and if it is... what should I do with it?
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." - Karen of the John Elite 4
From what I've gathered, non-hacked pokemon will have the blue pentagon. Some hacked pokemon may have it as well, so that isn't a 100% test to see if it's hacked. 

Also, many hacked pokemon will have perfect IV's, so that's another thing to check. 

As for what to do with it, thats completely up to you. Opinions vary on whether or not they should be kept/used/etc, but ultimately, those are simply opinions. If you want to keep it, then do that.
(May 23, 2016, 08:25 PM)shinybadger21 Wrote: From what I've gathered, non-hacked pokemon will have the blue pentagon. Some hacked pokemon may have it as well, so that isn't a 100% test to see if it's hacked. 

Also, many hacked pokemon will have perfect IV's, so that's another thing to check. 

As for what to do with it, thats completely up to you. Opinions vary on whether or not they should be kept/used/etc, but ultimately, those are simply opinions. If you want to keep it, then do that.

The Blue pentagon just indicates that it came from a Gen 6 Game ( XY / ORAS )
If you see any shiny legendaries with 6 IVs, it's most likely hacked.
The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.
Pokemon that do not have a pentagon arent always hacked they are Pokemon from gen 5. And yes Leggies with 6 or even 5 ivs are most likely are Powersaved or Genned. My opinion: most competitive shinys are hacked
(May 23, 2016, 07:51 PM)devilmoth Wrote: I was Wonder Trading earlier today when I surprisingly got a shiny Cresselia. It seemed really odd to me to receive that sort of thing. So I was wondering... how do you tell whether or not a pokemon is hacked or not? and if it is... what should I do with it?

Keep it, if not give it away to someone who doesnt care about "legit"
I think there was some really insane people on Wonder Trade last night, because shortly after I got the Cresselia I got a Kyogre, and about an hour later I got a shiny Fennekin.
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." - Karen of the John Elite 4
Then you got super lucky nevertheless. Is it hacked Pokemon? More than likely yes, but I don't know. Now if you got a shiny Groudon or Kyorgre with the blue pentagon and they were then those are hacked but I don't think those are.
Pokemon trainer since 2004!
I gen and Powersave and at times I WT 0iv pokemon. Yes I have already WT 0iv legendaries and dittos. I dont care i like to troll KappaHD KappaHD kappa
@Akae47 Dude that would make me really salty. If I got a WT from you and it was a shiny Mew with 0 Ivs, I would've been hunting you down lol
Pokemon trainer since 2004!