Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Hello
How're you all doing? New to the forums. So, I've recently been hit with the nostalgia of Pokemon after the 20th anniversary and the release of the first gen games on the eshop. To give a little info on me, since I was five or six I grew up on the first gen, watched Pokemon as part of the Saturday Morning cartoons, even playing the tcg with my father who was prolific with Magic. From there, I played on Silver and then moved to Ruby and Emerald on the GBA. After that point, the interest waned and I moved on to other stuff. Now, here I am 22 years old, actually turning 23 next month, there's a new spark due to the interest of competitive battling and wi-fi on the recent games. With me being new to this, there's a lot to go through at which I'll go through when I can, but the first step for me is getting a 3DS since I don't have one of my own. My biggest question is, which of the current gen 6 game should I get? X&Y or ORAS?
Hey Dynasty I have a question for you for as fellow fans of the franchise we have very similar backgrounds though I never put the games down for very long myself. @DynastyK
Sure thing, what's the question?
Well though ORAS is a remake and somewhat different I would suggest X or Y you can customize how your trainer looks, hair length and color as well as eye color pale or dark skin, and clothing and overall a unique experience, so it comes down to if you want relive an older game that got some tweaking or a brand new experiance in the world of pokemon.
Both games are good I would suggest gettingY or X first though. And if you want a friend I would be happy to assist :D @DynastyK
Yeah, I would like to get a fresh new experience considering that I did skip two gens outside of getting my sister Black. Aside from that though, given I'm starting off from scratch, I'm not missing anything from getting either or due to online trading correct?

Edit: I'll take a look into getting X&Y then, gauge my investment again even if it's a bit more of a casual thing for now. Thank you for the answer. It will take a bit for me to get started, but the early plan should help out.
What do you mean missing anything?
Do you mean do the games have pokemon exclusive to them ? Like say Y has certain ones that X does not. Oh and by the way I am 22, turning 23 in June myself.
Getting either X&Y or ORAS where there's more of a different lineup between those two games, but that's something I shouldn't worry about due to wi-fi trading right?
You can get practically anything  pokemon wise through the PSS(Player Search System) esentially the new online trading forum, but each game does have some pokemon exclusive to it.