Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Help - Competitive Pokemon
Hey Guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me out and give me something to do on Pokemon.
So I have completed the pokedex and I can catch Shiny Pokemon using the charm and that's fun, but I now want to start doing competitive battle.
I don't really know a great team to build and who to get etc with move sets. I was wondering if anyone could send me the pokemon or tell me the pokemon to go and catch on ORAS with the moveset I should give them whilst I level them up myself.

I would love to start getting into competitive and working to get better myself.

Cheers guys! Smile
[Image: kangaskhan-mega.gif]

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adament Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Double-Edge / Return
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake / Rock Slide / Substitute / Secret Power

If using Mega Kangaskhan early-game, try to focus on attacking the foe instead of setting up. This is a particularly effective tactic against offensive teams, because even if Mega Kangaskhan goes down early, the amount of damage she will have dealt can open up holes for teammates to sweep. Setting up early may seem appealing, but most teams will have offensive checks that can cut Mega Kangaskhan's sweep short. If your strategy requires Mega Kangaskhan to last longer, focus on using non-contact moves such as Earthquake and Rock Slide early on, as one of the most common responses to Mega Kangaskhan is to switch in a defensive Rocky Helmet Pokemon. Common Rocky Helmet Pokemon to watch out for include Suicune, Cresselia, Zapdos, Talonflame, Gyarados, Hippowdon, Garchomp, Ferrothorn, and Serperior.

When planning to sweep with Mega Kangaskhan, focus on softening her defensive checks such as Cresselia, Suicune, and Porygon2. Doing this can allow Mega Kangaskhan to smash through them with a boosted Double-Edge or Return, leading to a potential sweep!

Usually, it is better to Mega Evolve Kangaskhan on the first turn, as the Speed boost allows her to outspeed important threats such as Hydreigon and positive-natured Lucario. However, if you are facing Gengar or Aegislash, holding off on Mega Evolution can actually be a good idea. Thanks to Scrappy, Kangaskhan can hit Gengar before she Mega Evolves with Return or Double-Edge, making it a less reliable check. As for Aegislash, using Power-Up Punch as it switches in can allow Kangaskhan to OHKO it with Earthquake after Mega Evolution!

During Team Preview, if you notice that your opponent's team is packed with defensive Mega Kangaskhan checks such as Porygon2, Cresselia, and Suicune or contains offensive checks such as Blaziken and Terrakion, don't be afraid to bench Kangaskhan if you feel like other Pokemon provide a better matchup. Mega Kangaskhan may be extremely dangerous, but even she can't bust through an entire team on her own.
The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.