Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Help with training
So, i just caught me a heatran, and since it's level 50 i was wondering, if i EV train it using ST or even regular EV training, how high do i need to level it up, if at all, till it would be considered "Battle Ready?" I wasn't sure if this is the right thread to ask, so any help, or telling me the correct place to post this question, would be much obliged.
If your're looking to battle competitively (i.e VCG), the level cap is 50. That being said, without a fully trained pokemon you will be out classed every time. To stand even a small chnce you need to at least fully EV train, and you can tell when this has happened as your ST screen will notify you. The max EV's a pokemon can have is 510, and is capped at 252 per stat. Smogon has good EV spreads for most pokemon or you can use pokemon showdown to calculate spreads yourself.

The fastest way to EV train is with power items and horde battles. For this you will need: Power items (e.g power bracer), Exp share turned on, a pokemon with sweet scent (or honey) and a pokemon with a multi pokemon hitting move (e.g heat wave). Pkrus is optional but it does double your ev gain which is quite useful.
Give the power item to the pokemon you want to train, find the horde that gives the correct EVs upon defeat ( ORAS horde list: http://nuggetbridge.com/articles/ev-trai...-sapphire/ ), sweet scent then clear with the sweeper. EV's are also passed through exp share so there's no need for the pokemon being trained to actually battle.

Each pokemon usually yields 1-2 EV's when defeated. Power items add 4 and pkrus doubles EV gain, therefore in a horde encounter you'll be receiving (1+4) x 2 x 5 = 50 EVs, making it infinitely faster that ST which yield max 12 every minute or so.

This being said, nature and IV's also play a big role in competitive battling, as a perfect pokemon will beat an imperfect one most of the time.
(Jul 5, 2015, 05:56 PM)Aether Wrote: If you're looking to battle competitively (i.e VCG), the level cap is 50. That being said, without a fully trained pokemon you will be out classed every time. To stand even a small chnce you need to at least fully EV train, and you can tell when this has happened as your ST screen will notify you. The max EV's a pokemon can have is 510, and is capped at 252 per stat. Smogon has good EV spreads for most pokemon or you can use pokemon showdown to calculate spreads yourself.

The fastest way to EV train is with power items and horde battles. For this you will need: Power items (e.g power bracer), Exp share turned on, a pokemon with sweet scent (or honey) and a pokemon with a multi pokemon hitting move (e.g heat wave). Pkrus is optional but it does double your ev gain which is quite useful.  
Give the power item to the pokemon you want to train, find the horde that gives the correct EVs upon defeat ( ORAS horde list: http://nuggetbridge.com/articles/ev-trai...-sapphire/ ), sweet scent then clear with the sweeper. EV's are also passed through exp share so there's no need for the pokemon being trained to actually battle.

Each pokemon usually yields 1-2 EV's when defeated. Power items add 4 and pkrus doubles EV gain, therefore in a horde encounter you'll be receiving (1+4) x 2 x 5 = 50 EVs, making it infinitely faster that ST which yield max 12 every minute or so.

This being said, nature and IV's also play a big role in competitive battling, as a perfect pokemon will beat an imperfect one most of the time.

Forgot to mention that for normal / VCG rules, all pokemon will be capped at Lv50 so it doesn't matter if you level higher, it'll just be brought back down.
Thanks, but that's not what i was looking for, i'm wondering, because i've been told, that i don't have to level them up to 100 to get the ev effects, is this true? or do i need to? And thanks for the training advice.
No you don't need to level to 100, EV effects are technically just an additional stat scaling so at Lv 50 your just receiving half the the additional stat points you would at Lv 100.
So if i obtain my pokemon at level 50, and ev train it, i don't need to level it up?
no. a battle ready pokemon at minimum is At least 5 IVs (Individual Values) from breeding, two 252 Maxed EV stats, and level 50.
Special training on xy or oras changed how compedative Pokemon are trained forever. You can selectively train a Pokemon based on the bags you use
Thanks, but none of this is what i'm asking, i'm asking if i catch a pokemon at level 50, ev train it, and max out its ev's, do i need to continue to level it up to get those ev's? or do they just magically become a stat point. If my pokemon is ALREADY level 50, do i need to keep leveling it up.
No once your Ev's are maxed out you don't need to level it anymore when you enter a battle they will be maxed at LVL 50
Past Giveaways:
Unova water and fire starters with HA's
Chimchar with HA's and egg moves
HA Gible
HA Sableye
HA Minccino
BR HA feraligatr
BR Mega Gallade
BR Garchomp
BR Terrakion
BR Shiny Dragonite

Feel free to PM for info on past giveaways might have some left over