Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

How I filled the Dex!
Oddly, one of my best tips for completeing the Pokedex is by obtaining a Porygon/Petilil/Purrloin and breeding them, and putting them up on GTS for Pokemon I did not have, after already getting every Pokemon found in the wild. (For my case, which is X and Y) I'm not sure why, but I would get every Pokemon I needed within an hour or sooner. Another thing is that while looking for Pokemon, (on either GTS or in the wild) always try to go for the first evolution whenever possible. (Good Rod > Super Rod) I find it much easier than going back to the breeding center, breeding it, and hatching the egg for a first stage. (Also it takes up less box space, which is good when you end up having boxes of fully evolved yet not good for battle Pokes) If you have trouble finding an item for evolution, get some BP in the Battle Masion and talk to the girl on the left. (Bulbapedia maps for each route are also very helpful) 

I don't really have a tip for Legendaries, other than put one of yours up on GTS and hope for the best. 

I hope I helped someone out!  :D
Here is a very helpful picture I used: http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global...620282.png It includes Pokemon found in Friend Safaris and even Game exclusives!
Also another good tip is to use the Global Link!!! You can use your PokeMile's and play games that will get you the items that you need for certain evolutions. If you've done a lot of trades or have been playing for a long time, chances are you already have some miles already saved up! :D

Oh, and WonderTrading off all your spams!! I sat and did that for 3 hours, got a lot of entries filled! Trading really is the best way to fill your dex
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." - Karen of the John Elite 4
(Jun 4, 2016, 06:45 AM)devilmoth Wrote: Also another good tip is to use the Global Link!!! You can use your PokeMile's and play games that will get you the items that you need for certain evolutions. If you've done a lot of trades or have been playing for a long time, chances are you already have some miles already saved up! :D

Oh, and WonderTrading off all your spams!! I sat and did that for 3 hours, got a lot of entries filled! Trading really is the best way to fill your dex
Ooo I forgot to mention Global Link! I do that all the time to get items  :D  Thanks for putting your tips too!
your first step should always be to get lots of bp and get all the items for the evouloution before hand