Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

How did you get into pokemon ?
I watched the show when it came out, but we were basically a lower/working class family, my brother was the only one with GBC and he got it from a raffle. Then, on one rainy day, I was walking home with my friend and Silver was just in the grass. I grabbed it, took it to his place, dried it off, and we tried it on his SNES with one of those adapter cartridges and it worked.

I didn't get back into pokemon until Last year. Even then, it was when I got the battery replaced on my Silver. And then I borrowed a 2DS and bought Y so I could try a Pokemon league at a convention.
Me and my friend had a sleepover he handed me a pokemon hand book for pokemon fire red and leaf green. I just kept looking at lugia and wondering what the heck is that. My friend handed me his old ds and let me keep his pokemon pearl so that the next time we meet we could battle. 4 years later I became a pokemon nerd and had all the guide books all the games and like 8 pokemon posters. I still love pokemon and I think pokemon is way way better than digimon :D
I saw the Pokemon cards when I was like 6-7 and saw how awesome they looked and bought some and then the game and loved it! Red was my favorite game Game Freak made
I'm one of the saddest, countriest, and beautifulest Ampharos around
ha, reading this makes me feel old, only one other person was around for the originals...

the year was 1996, i was in fourth grade, one day pokemon didnt exist, the next every kid was hooked, very similar to the crack/aids boom in the 80's XD

i was a sega kid, i was the only person i knew who had a gamegear(if you dont know it google it). in fact still to this day i have never met another person who actually had gamegear. at the time i also personally hated rpg's, i didnt understand the concept of waiting for your turn to attack and then letting your opponent hit you, i liked action

also i always tended to stay away from stuff that all the other kids were obsesed with, so i fought pokemans as hard as i could,

untill one day my friend let me use his little brothers gb and copy of pokemon blue. from the first time i started the game up and picked my lil charmander i was hoked.

i still think pokemon was japans payback for dropping nukes on em, get our kids addicted to a game that can make a person more concerned with catching a virtual critter than going to college XD

anyway, played untill third gen, kinda stopped playin game for a couple years, ive played firered on my smart phone about 10 times and also tried about 10 pokehack made off of firered or emerald. about a month ago i decided it was time to stop messin around and get pokemons again so i got a red crystal 2ds and pokemon x

now more than ever im getting into competitive pokes