Poll: Corphish or Crauwdant?
Corphish
Crauwdaunt
[Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Is it good for battles?
Hello.
Recently, I got a lot of water type shinies. I wanted to make a shiny water team of Milotic, Gyardos (forgot how to write it), Sharpedo, Politoed Octillery and Corphish. However Corphish isn'tisn't that great, and I dodon't want him to evolve. 
Is there a way to make Corphish usable in battle?

Thanks for helping!
Here's a few movesets from Smogon. They're for Little Cup, but I'm sure you can somehow make it work with some edits and such.

Corphish is a great wallbreaker and late-game cleaner thanks to Adaptability, a great ability that boosts the power of Corphish's STAB moves by 50%. Backing up this ability, Corphish has great STAB moves in Crabhammer and priority Aqua Jet. Corphish also has access to Knock Off, a great move for a wallbreaker. Although Corphish has access to two boosting moves in Swords Dance and Dragon Dance, it faces competition as a setup sweeper from Scrafty, Talonflame, Carracosta, and Omastar. Corphish's flaws lie in its only decent physical bulk, fairly mediocre special bulk, and sub-par speed, albeit it's still fast enough to outspeed most walls. Lastly, Corphish struggles against prominent threats such as Chimecho, Whimsicott, and Toxicroak.

Wallbreaker
Corphish @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 Def / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

This set is fairly straightforward to use. Removing Eviolite is really helpful for Corphish and its partners; hit opposing switch-ins with Knock Off, use Swords Dance if a boost is needed, and then attack with Crabhammer or Aqua Jet afterwards, or just switch out if they threaten Corphish. Try to keep Corphish alive against stall and bulky teams, as Corphish is great at weakening walls and bulkier Pokemon.

Dragon Dance
Corphish @ Eviolite / Life Orb
Jolly / Adament Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

It is usually best to have Corphish set up late in the match, after its checks, which include Amoonguss, Toxicroak, Chimecho, Magnezone, and Whismicott, have been heavily weakened or removed. Despite this, Corphish possesses a great deal of utility with Knock Off and strong priority, which can be useful throughout the match. Corphish can support its own sweep by removing its checks' items with Knock Off earlier on in the match.

Choice Band
Corphish @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Switcheroo

Early- to mid-game, Corphish should be using Crabhammer and Knock Off to weaken switch-ins. Aqua Jet is used for revenge killing and cleaning late-game. If Corphish finds itself on the field against a faster Pokemon, it is, in most cases, best to switch out given its frailty. Slow Volt Switch and U-turn teammates are therefore very important for that reason. Switcheroo is best used on a predicted switch-in mid-game if it's unlikely for Corphish to clean with Aqua Jet later.
The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.
This isn't in depth or anything, but I'll make a quick review of your team.

Well, generally, a team with only one type is never really good in battles, because if your opponent has an Electric or a Grass type, they can pretty much sweep you. But, for a monotype team, it's not too bad actually, because you have a few good physical attackers and a decent wall in Milotic. The biggest problem I can see is that you have no strong special attacker, because if there's an opposing physical wall, you won't be able to do much to it, and Politoed doesn't have a very big offensive presence. As for Corphish, it's not to bad but I'll suggest another set because while the sets that @Excalibur0126 posted are pretty good, they are for Little Cup, so the EVs work differently since all the Pokemon are at level five in Little Cup. So I'd suggest something like this:

Corphish @ Life Orb/ Eviolite
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
-Swords Dance
-Crabhammer
-Aqua Jet
-Knock Off

You want an Adamant nature to boost your Attack, because you only have 80 base Attack, and maximum Speed because it's to frail to be defensively invested. However, don't expect to outspeed much. Swords dance boosts your Attack so it become more usable, but if you want, you can opt for Dragon Dance, but I think it's kind of a waste since you really won't outspeed much even with one or two boosts.

Although it might work, it's really frail and doesn't have too much going for it, so if you really want to battle with them, I'd suggest either you evolve it into Crawdaunt, which is really powerful, or you swap it for another Pokemon, since you don't have any special attacker on your team except Politoed, but it's usually used as a support Pokemon and has only 90 base Special Attack.

Hope I helped! Smile
Thanks! But I have a little problem... My corphish has hyper cutter and a bold nature. His Defence IV is good, but its Attack is horrible. I think I will hunt a new one. Still thanks!
I will send the info of the new one!
I am going to make a Crauwdant of the other one, so it wasn't a waste.
Where did you hunt for the milotic if you don't mind me asking
I tend to give away free shinies.
Feebas is fishable during daytime under the bridge in route 119.

I caught 3 shiny corphishs, still no adaptability Sad
Giving you a rep for that my man! Thanks!
I tend to give away free shinies.
The water team has to wait. I got a shiny Treecko and I want to do a playthrough with it, where I only shiny hunt my team members.