Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[MUSIC] Any classical music lovers here?
Anyone here enjoy orchestral music? If you do, what's your favorite piece, composer, and/or major symphony orchestras?

I personally love composers like Stravinsky, Tchaikovsky, Mahler (duh :P), and Debussy. And some of my favorite pieces include, Pétrouchka ballet, The Rite of Spring, all the string quartets by Debussy & Ravel, War Requiem by Britten, Symphony No. 1 in D major 'Titan', and many more I cannot think of!  

Even if you are not familiar with classical music, I suggest watching this short video of the Berlin Philharmonic. They are amazing!
(Nov 24, 2014, 11:10 PM)ChedTang Wrote: Anyone here enjoy orchestral music? If you do, what's your favorite piece, composer, and/or major symphony orchestras?

I personally love composers like Stravinsky, Tchaikovsky, Mahler (duh :P), and Debussy. And some of my favorite pieces include, Pétrouchka ballet, The Rite of Spring, all the string quartets by Debussy & Ravel, War Requiem by Britten, Symphony No. 1 in D major 'Titan', and many more I cannot think of!  

Even if you are not familiar with classical music, I suggest watching this short video of the Berlin Philharmonic. They are amazing!

I'm actually quite a fan of classical and/or orchestral music. In modern times it has some brilliant applications in the scores of movies and games, but historically it is deeply appreciable as well. My personal favorite historical piece is Zigeunerweisen, by Sarasate. I've been able to find some incredible renditions of this remarkably challenging piece across the internet, but my personal favorite is by Gil Shaham, performed here: http://youtu.be/NKeS3o-3448

-sandragon13